No Persistence provider for EntityManager named comEncurioGamingUnit

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

morggin

No Persistence provider for EntityManager named comEncurioGamingUnit

Postby morggin » 14 Nov 2020, 00:40

1 » SmartFoxServer version used: 2.13.1

2 » Client technology and client API version (which is found in the version property of the main SmartFox object instance): ?

3 » Synthetic description of the issue: the javax.persistence.PersistenceException is occurring on Linux but runs fine on Windows machines.
Exception: javax.persistence.PersistenceException
Message: No Persistence provider for EntityManager named comEncurioGamingUnit
Description: Extension initialization failed.

4 » Specify if the problem is happening while testing locally or in production, or both: both

5 » Specify if the problem is intermittent or it happens all the times. If the latter is true, provide a step by step description of how to reproduce the problem: just starting the sfsx2.sh application for the game Valnir Rok under a Linux environment produces the error. However, i would like to add it works fine under a windows based build.

6 » Check your server side logs for errors that might be related and post them here as well. Logs are found under SFS2X/logs/smartfox.log:

13 Nov 2020 | 16:07:30,656 | ERROR | main | entities.managers.SFSExtensionManager | | javax.persistence.PersistenceException:
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Exception: javax.persistence.PersistenceException
Message: No Persistence provider for EntityManager named comEncurioGamingUnit

7 » If the problem is detected via the AdminTool please post the relevant screenshots with the report.: NA

8 » Post the relevant snippets of client/server code where appropriate, but make sure to trim all the code that is irrelevant (such as rendering, other game logic etc...): NA

9 » If your server is in an unresponsive state (e.g. doesn't respond to client requests or AdminTool) DO NOT restart it immediately. Instead please capture a Thread Dump and send it to us. Follow these simple instructions to obtain the report: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=14458.

I would like to add that I have no affiliation with the Encurio Development team (I'm an end-user - volunteer game server tester) that is still in the Alpha stages of the game Valnir Rok. I have taken it upon myself to see if I can assist in tracking down the problem on the Linux side as they don't appear to have anyone available to me to assist in tracking down the issue on the Linux build. I will however link this issue submission to their support Discord so they can see any suggestions or comments that I cannot answer on there behalf.
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: No Persistence provider for EntityManager named comEncurioGamingUnit

Postby Lapo » 16 Nov 2020, 11:07

Hi,
the error is related to JPA / Hibernate. It looks like the server code uses these technologies and some components are missing.
Unfortunately we can't help you that much because this is very specific to the server-side deployment, and not much to SFS itself.

In other words, the issue is with JPA and the fact that it is looking for components that are not found in the classpath.

As regards the fact that it happens only in Linux: it seems like a clue that the two deployments are slightly different and the Linux one is missing something. I would investigate if the same library files (.jar) were deployed exactly in the same way for both OSes.

Cheers
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games

Return to “SFS2X Questions”