Monitoring Server Performance in Extension

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

Aet

Monitoring Server Performance in Extension

Postby Aet » 02 Oct 2020, 21:52

Hi,

We're looking to better monitor some performance metrics in our Smartfox extension in order to log them so we can better know what changes impact performance and find causes of any crash for other issue.

I've looked through the documentation and fully assume I am missing it there, but is there a way we can pull info about the System Queue, Outgoing message queue, Extension Queue as well as System workload and memory usage?

It would be especially valuable if we can aggregate some of these by message type. Is our system queue filling up with user variable updates or object messages for example.

If someone could point me in the right direction to retrieve these metrics (outside of the admin tool) that would be great! Thanks for your time!
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: Monitoring Server Performance in Extension

Postby Lapo » 03 Oct 2020, 07:55

Hi,
We're looking to better monitor some performance metrics in our Smartfox extension in order to log them so we can better know what changes impact performance and find causes of any crash for other issue.

Changes in performance would probably best measured by attaching a profiler to a local server and comparing with the results of a previous Extension deploy.

In any case we can provide details on how to extract some of those metrics, if you need them. Send us an email to support@... with a reference to this thread.

It would be especially valuable if we can aggregate some of these by message type. Is our system queue filling up with user variable updates or object messages for example.

That would be pretty difficult to do. Not impossibile, but definitely complex and resource consuming, not something you would want to do on a live server.

Cheers
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
Aet

Re: Monitoring Server Performance in Extension

Postby Aet » 03 Oct 2020, 17:46

Thanks, I sent an email.

Appreciate the information!

Return to “SFS2X Questions”