Should I use Smartfox for a C++ project?

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

maslas

Should I use Smartfox for a C++ project?

Postby maslas » 12 Sep 2020, 14:44

Hi guys,

Currently, my studio has been assigned a project which is pretty demanding regarding its networking. A stable and optimized server like SmartFox suites the requirements since clients of multiple platforms will exchange data between them. The primary platforms are going to be based on a C++ game engine and the rest of the devices will send some basic RPCs from a web based application (JS API).
I managed to embed the C++ client into the game engine (at least it makes a connection and a disconnection for now) and I read that this API is experimental. I have also noticed that its been a couple of years now that it hasn't been updated.

Should I rely the network mechanism of this project to the fact that this api will not become obsolete?

If you want to know more details about our assignment please contact directly with me on the following email...
maslas@maslasbros.com

Thanks for your time and effort people :D
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: Should I use Smartfox for a C++ project?

Postby Lapo » 14 Sep 2020, 07:12

Hi,
yes the C++ API are not "official" and therefore are maintained on volunteer basis.
In any case the current release is pretty much in line and up to date with most of the recent changes.

Hope it helps
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
maslas

Re: Should I use Smartfox for a C++ project?

Postby maslas » 14 Sep 2020, 10:49

Crystal clear

Thanks!

Return to “SFS2X Questions”