Discard UDP packet from 0:0 (IPv6)

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

Acrimony

Discard UDP packet from 0:0 (IPv6)

Postby Acrimony » 24 Jul 2020, 18:22

I'm having a issue while running the SmartFoxServer locally that it discards all UDP packets while/after calling initUDP.
The server claims the following (3 times, due to UDP retry):

Discard UDP packet from 0:0, reason: Sender IP doesn't match TCP session address: 0 != 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1

Is this related to IPv6 somehow, seeing as the IP it specifies in the message is formatted as IPv6?
I am also curious why in the beginning of the message it simply says "... packet from 0:0".
0:0 does not seem like a valid identifier in the context.

For more information, the session it creates and the user login are logged as follows:
Session created: { Id: 3, Type: BLUEBOX, Logged: No, IP: 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 } on Server port: 0 <---> 0
User login: { Zone: TestZone }, ( User Name: test1, Id: 2, Priv: 0, Sess: 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 ) , Type: Unity / .Net
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: Discard UDP packet from 0:0 (IPv6)

Postby Lapo » 25 Jul 2020, 17:51

Hi,
if the session created is of type BLUEBOX (i.e. HTTP tunnel) you won't be able to use UDP in most cases.
Why is the local client not able to reach the server via socket? Have you investigated?
Also is the initUDP request successful? I'd expect it to fail.

Thanks
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games

Return to “SFS2X Questions”