Inconsist HRC retry between client and server

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

rafaelb149

Inconsist HRC retry between client and server

Postby rafaelb149 » 08 Jul 2020, 12:28

Hi

I'm using SFS2X v2.13 (I don't know which patch, but I can get it if it's crucial). I've opened HRC+ feature for a couple of hours, during that time my client reported about 675 reconnect retries (only 175 succeeded, most of them failed due to following question I've asked viewtopic.php?f=21&t=22653), while my server reported 4625! (only 215 succeeded).

In addition I see a lot of unknown disconnection events in my servers (about 1.5M per day, while my total session is about 2.5M), but client report less than 150K events only
(http://docs2x.smartfoxserver.com/api-do ... eason.html)

Do you know why there is such a difference between client and server reports?

Lapo
Site Admin

Re: Inconsist HRC retry between client and server

Postby Lapo » 09 Jul 2020, 08:05

It's very difficult to say without knowing the details.
Are you actually monitoring all the clients that connect?

In addition I see a lot of unknown disconnection events in my servers (about 1.5M per day, while my total session is about 2.5M), but client report less than 150K events only

The server can only report disconnections if a previous connection already existed, therefore I'd say it's likely that the client disconnection count is inaccurate.
Additionally there may be clients that connect to the server that aren't under your control, unless this is a test that runs in a private network. You didn't specify so I assume it's an internet facing server.

Thanks
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games

Return to “SFS2X Questions”