SFS client running on a data collection server

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

fsage

SFS client running on a data collection server

Postby fsage » 27 Jun 2020, 13:42

Hi SFS team,

We are testing a solution where we have a .net core Server Data Collection Engine (SDCE) connected to SFS2X server using .net SFS2X Client. Data collection is multithreaded and each thread is sending SFS.Send to update clientapp data set connected to rooms.
Client app (Unity Client) using the SFS2X client connected to SFS2X server.
It is designed like this mainly because I do not know Java and therefore it is easier for me to develop and maintain a .net core sharp SDCE.
Problem
When a new client is joining a room USER_ENTER_ROOM is triggered straight away but it takes up to 30s for the data to start show in the screen of the client. When the data start to show it is coming in at the expected rate.
SFS server cpu and memory is low. No bottleneck seen here.

sfs.ThreadSafeMode on the SDCE is set to false.

I think the issue might be because the sfs.Send data it queued on the SDCE SFS2X client. Wondering if they are ways to improve on the performance.

I had a good look around in the documentation and forum and can not see anything that could give me a clue on what could be done.
Are they ways I could multi-thread the egress queue of the client ?

Thanks for your help
Fabien
fsage

Re: SFS client running on a data collection server

Postby fsage » 01 Jul 2020, 06:21

Hi Guys,

Any though on this ?

Thanks
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: SFS client running on a data collection server

Postby Lapo » 01 Jul 2020, 07:40

Hi,
When a new client is joining a room USER_ENTER_ROOM is triggered straight away but it takes up to 30s for the data to start show in the screen of the client.

if the two servers are running in the same private network there should be very low latency between the two and communication should be extremely fast.

I think the issue might be because the sfs.Send data it queued on the SDCE SFS2X client

There is no queueing with sfs.Send(). Data is sent immediately.

Is the initial data set particularly large? (e.g. hundreds of MBs?)

Thanks
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games

Return to “SFS2X Questions”