How to Log In and Out Packets

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

coolboy714cp

How to Log In and Out Packets

Postby coolboy714cp » 21 May 2020, 14:19

Hey, can someone tell me how I can start logging in and out packets? This used to be possible, but now I'm not too sure.

http://docs2x.smartfoxserver.com/GettingStarted/log-configuration

DEBUG: provides lots of details about each incoming/outgoing request including a binary dump of each packet. This level is recommended only for local debugging, it must be turned off for production otherwise it could impact the server performance and generate huge log files.

I tried doing this:
In order to change the logging level you can edit the {SFS2X}/config/log4j.properties and change this line (should be line 61):

Code: Select all

log4j.category.com.smartfoxserver=DEBUG,consoleAppender,fileAppender

But when I do that, I am not getting the packet dumps as expected.
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: How to Log In and Out Packets

Postby Lapo » 21 May 2020, 14:32

Hello,
that is indeed the correct way to do it.
coolboy714cp wrote:But when I do that, I am not getting the packet dumps as expected.

Seems strange. Once you restart you should definitely see all the DEBUG level messages including the requests etc...

Thanks
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
coolboy714cp

Re: How to Log In and Out Packets

Postby coolboy714cp » 24 May 2020, 03:11

Hmm.. That was strange, at first I was only getting some debug messages, without the packet dumps, I restarted once more and I started getting the packet dumps. Thanks!

Return to “SFS2X Questions”