Room created via API not in Admin GUI

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

fsage

Room created via API not in Admin GUI

Postby fsage » 29 Oct 2019, 10:15

Hi Guys,

I am creating Rooms via the client API and this seems to be working fine but I do not seem them in the admin GUI and therefore I can not monitor who is connected to them.
I have been looking to see if the hidden option is in place but it is not the case.

Rooms created with the API are they suppose to be seen in the admin GUI or is this not supported ?
Any gotcha I should be aware off ?

Thanks
Fabien
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: Room created via API not in Admin GUI

Postby Lapo » 29 Oct 2019, 13:51

Hi,
all Rooms are monitor-able via the AdminTool. Maybe you're looking in the wrong place.
From the AdminTool open the Zone Monitor, then select the Zone where the Rooms were created. If you don't find the Room(s) you're looking for make sure you're looking in the right Room Group.

Use the "Group" dropdown to either select [Any] (which will list all Rooms in the Zone) or the Group where the Room belongs.

Hope it helps
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
fsage

Re: Room created via API not in Admin GUI

Postby fsage » 29 Oct 2019, 15:54

Thank you

yes I was looking in the wrong place, I was in the Zone configuration section of the admin tool instead of the Zone monitor.
It all makes sense now and it is working :D

Regards
Fabien

Return to “SFS2X Questions”