Check server status in windows

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

Pirisok

Check server status in windows

Postby Pirisok » 14 Aug 2019, 05:40

hey
I use to use sfs2x in Linux but now I'm using it in Windows.
I have a little silly problem!
how can I check the status of SFS instance in Windows? or restart/stop it without admin panel.
I use to do that by a command in Linux, but there is no such thing in windows mode.
Another question, can I run multiple instances of SFS on windows too?
tnx.
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: Check server status in windows

Postby Lapo » 14 Aug 2019, 07:01

Hi,
if you installed SFS2X as a Windows service you can control it from the Windows service manager:
https://www.thewindowsclub.com/open-windows-services

Also you can monitor and restart/stop the server from its own AdminTool.

Another question, can I run multiple instances of SFS on windows too?

Yes, provided you configure the 2nd instance so that it uses different ports than the 1st instance.
More on this here: https://smartfoxserver.com/blog/running ... e-machine/

Cheers
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
Pirisok

Postby Pirisok » 14 Aug 2019, 07:37

tnx for the fast reply.
another issue!
if I install multiple instances of SFS on windows, how can manage their services?
all of them will be added to that service in Windows service manager?
I mean if I restart SFS service in service manager, all of them will be restarted?
because in the setting of that service it shows the path to the last SFS instance that I installed.
And when I install the second instance as the documents said, I can access the second one in admin tools but can't connect to the first one.
tnx
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 14 Aug 2019, 10:19

Pirisok wrote:tnx for the fast reply.
another issue!
if I install multiple instances of SFS on windows, how can manage their services?
all of them will be added to that service in Windows service manager?
I mean if I restart SFS service in service manager, all of them will be restarted?
because in the setting of that service it shows the path to the last SFS instance that I installed.
And when I install the second instance as the documents said, I can access the second one in admin tools but can't connect to the first one.
tnx

I've never tried installing multiple copies of SFS2X as service on Windows.
If you find only one entry in the Service Manager after installing multiple copies I guess it's not supported by Windows. Which would make sense, as typically you will just run one copy of each service.

You can still run multiple copies but avoid installing all of them as service. If you need them to be stared at Windows boot you can do it with this: https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000322.htm

Hope it helps
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

Pirisok

Postby Pirisok » 14 Aug 2019, 16:52

You can still run multiple copies but avoid installing all of them as service

Standalone: in this mode you run the application normally as any other program, and the server will keep running until you close it.

So I need to keep that file open or server will be shut down?
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 14 Aug 2019, 19:05

So I need to keep that file open or server will be shut down?

You need to keep the application open, which in practice it just means you need not to close it. :)

Cheers
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

Pirisok

Postby Pirisok » 17 Aug 2019, 05:29

ok, first of all, tnx for support.
and then:
I did it and I have a new problem!
I run multiple instances of SFS in windows in none service mode and everything is working fine.
but when I restart SFS with admin tools(panel) it closes the application(CMD window) that ran for that instance. and the problem is when the application(CMD) for that instance closed, that instance runs again!! but there is no prosses or application that I can close or run to handle that instance, and there is no command like Linux that I can use to stop/restart that instance,(there are some java machine processes but I can't tell which one is for which instance), any suggestion?
tnx
Pirisok

Postby Pirisok » 17 Aug 2019, 10:35

ok, here's what I did to solve this.
I created my instances of SFS as standalone then created custom windows service for each instance.
now I can restart and stop them with windows service and run them on windows startup.
Still, stop command for this service does not work and I have to log in to admin tools to stop them.

Return to “SFS2X Questions”