SignUpAssistant An error occurred while sending an email

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

nahmeegaming

SignUpAssistant An error occurred while sending an email

Postby nahmeegaming » 13 Jun 2019, 12:46

Hi,
I'm using SFS2x 2.13.5 linux on Docker.
I'm working SignUpAssistant, I have set up the server extension and Postgres database already.
The registration is working properly. Create a row on database with all the information and activation code.

Code: Select all

suac.getConfig().emailResponse.isActive = true;
suac.getConfig().emailResponse.fromAddress = "contact@mydomain.com";
suac.getConfig().emailResponse.subject = "Thanks for signing up";
suac.getConfig().emailResponse.template = "AuthEmailTemplates/SignUpConfirmation.html";

But I have problem with SMTP mail server. I got

WARN  [pool-4-thread-1] signup.SignUpAssistant     - An error occurred while sending an email to: contact@mydomain.com -- javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: smtp.sendgrid.net, port: 25, response: 554

I tried sendgrid and mailgun also got the same error. I tried port 465 I got

javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: smtp.sendgrid.net, port: 465, response: -1

I tried using the cretencial on this website https://www.smtper.net/, sendgrid smtp server is working and able to send email.

Then I tried installing SFS2X Windows on the machine and using the same config, I also can't connect to the smtp server and got the same error just one more line.

javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: smtp.sendgrid.net, port: 465;
  nested exception is:
        java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: smtp.sendgrid.net, port: 25;
  nested exception is:

I work on it for couple of days already, can you help me guild through the problem?
Thank you very much.
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: SignUpAssistant An error occurred while sending an email

Postby Lapo » 13 Jun 2019, 13:51

Hi,
if you are certain that the SMTP server host/port and relative credentials are configured correctly I would recommend checking if you have any firewall rules preventing the connection to the server.

Cheers
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
nahmeegaming

Postby nahmeegaming » 13 Jun 2019, 15:35

Hi thank you for your response.
The credential are correct. I copied from server.xml to test and it works. I got the email.
Then I turn off the firewall. and allow everything from sfs2x still I got this error.

Failed sending email: { Email To: hr@mydomain.com, From: contact@mydomain.com, Subject: Thanks for signing up }, javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: smtp.sendgrid.net, port: 25;
  nested exception is:

Now I'm stuck.
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 13 Jun 2019, 15:45

Hi,
the message saying that the connection is refused may indicate that the SMTP server has a black-list of IP ranges that are not allowed to connect. Typically these are used defend from known IP ranges used by spammers but sometimes these filters are too coarse and they end up blocking legitimate users.

In any case if you want you can send us the credentials you're using and we can analyze the problem a little bit further.
If you decide to do so, send us an email with the details to our support@... email box, with a reference to this discussion.

Thanks.
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

nahmeegaming

Postby nahmeegaming » 13 Jun 2019, 18:12

Thanks for your guide, the problem solved.
nahmeegaming

Postby nahmeegaming » 14 Jun 2019, 03:16

Hi
After I set up Digitalocean and send SMTP on port 587. I can send the email. But if I develop on localhost it still error when sending email through port 587. Here is the error.

javax.mail.MessagingException: Can't send command to SMTP host;
[33msmartfox    | [0m   nested exception is:
[33msmartfox    | [0m javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertP
athBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

Can you guide me on how to solve this?
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 14 Jun 2019, 08:18

I've already replied to the same question via email. Let's keep the conversation in one place.
Thanks
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

HTCraft

Postby HTCraft » 01 Dec 2019, 07:34

nahmeegaming wrote: Can you guide me on how to solve this?

Look at https://www.java-samples.com/showtutorial.php?tutorialid=210

Return to “SFS2X Questions”