Issue with RequestHandler

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

NoN33d

Issue with RequestHandler

Postby NoN33d » 28 May 2019, 12:53

Hello guys,

We have been running 2 smartfox servers with the same code for about 2 years and one of them is getting an error every 7-10 days and then stops workings until we restart it.

The error is the following:

25 May 2019 | 10:17:09,542 | ERROR | SFSWorker:Ext:3 | controllers.v290.ExtensionReqController | | com.smartfoxserver.v2.exceptions.SFSRuntimeException:
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Exception: com.smartfoxserver.v2.exceptions.SFSRuntimeException
Message: Request handler not found: 'SHOW_TOP_TEN'. Make sure the handler is registered in your extension using addRequestHandler()
Description: Error while handling client request in extension: { Ext: myExt, Type: JAVA, Lev: ZONE, { Zone: myZone}, {} }
Extension Cmd: SHOW_TOP_TEN
+--- --- ---+
Stack Trace:
+--- --- ---+
com.smartfoxserver.v2.extensions.SFSExtension.handleClientRequest(SFSExtension.java:197)
com.smartfoxserver.v2.controllers.v290.ExtensionReqController.processRequest(ExtensionReqController.java:174)
com.smartfoxserver.v2.controllers.v290.ExtensionReqController$1.run(ExtensionReqController.java:68)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Do you have any idea why this happens and how to solve it?

Thank you!
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: Issue with RequestHandler

Postby Lapo » 29 May 2019, 08:06

Hi,
it's difficult to say without more details.
What SFS2X version are you using?
Do you run the same SFS2X versions and Extensions on both servers?

How many of these errors are you seeing?
Also what does it mean that the server "stops working" exactly? Can you establish a connection to it? Can you login with the admin tool?

It would probably help to inspect the logs at the time the server becomes unresponsive to check for other errors.

Let us know
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
NoN33d

Postby NoN33d » 30 May 2019, 08:00

Hello,

I will give you every detail you need.

The game that is getting errors uses:
The server is using SmartFoxServer 2X Version 2.12.0 while the Smartfox inside our game is SmartFox2X Version=1.7.0.0

The other game that uses the same code / structure and does not get errors uses:
The server is using SmartFoxServer 2X Version 2.13.0 while the Smartfox inside our game is SmartFox2X Version=1.7.0.0

We use exact the same server and client code on both games, and we have not updated SmartFox since we completed the development of those games 2 years ago.

I am attaching a screenshot regarding the logs, as you can see the server is working with no problem, generating the regular logs until 05-25-10 where it throws this error, from this point and after until we restarted the server at 05-27-13 the server was just logging this error.

When I say "stops working" I mean that the players were able to evaluate their credentials from the database and log in, but they stuck at matchmaking process for ever. I was able to login with the admin tool.

If you need more details, inform me.

Thanks!
Attachments
Screenshot_1.png
(245.32 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 30 May 2019, 08:48

The screenshot you have posted with the log files doesn't say very much. It only shows a change in file size which is also quite strange as you're going from 5-700KB of logs per hour to 2KB per hour.
This seems to indicate that the server's activity is drastically reduced, which in turn suggests more investigation is required. For example by checking the actual content of the log files before the problem occurs.

In any case since you said the problem exists only with SFS2X 2.12 but doesn't manifest with 2.13 I would recommend to upgrade to 2.13 since it's much more recent release.

To do this you can use our migration tool, which you can learn about here:
http://docs2x.smartfoxserver.com/Gettin ... ation-tool

Cheers
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

NoN33d

Postby NoN33d » 31 May 2019, 15:12

Hello Lapo,

Sorry for not being very informative, the reason why I sent you just the file sizes is because the files that are ~700KB in size contain just INFO - Debug messages and those that are ~2KB in size contain just one ERROR message each, the error that I sent you, which is weird.

Do you have any idea on how to investigate it further?

Thanks!
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 31 May 2019, 16:00

Yes, as I suggested checking the logs prior to the problem, even if it's only INFO entries, they may still be relevant.
For example log message related to backup threads being added to the a thread pool.

Also monitoring the server when the issue is expected: from the Dashboard checking the vital parameters (CPU, Memory etc...) and also the server queue status, which may have to do with this.

Finally also taking a thread dump of the server after the issue has manifested and before restarting it.
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=14458

Let us know
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

Return to “SFS2X Questions”