Using smartfoxServer 2X on GitLab

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

NDrew

Using smartfoxServer 2X on GitLab

Postby NDrew » 22 May 2019, 07:37

Hello,

I'm currently using smartfoxserver 2X on my open source project and in order to make sure not to distribute something i have no right on, the smartfox dlls are not included in the repository.

I needs the DLLs in the unity client folder, i was planing to use the unity asset store package but it's not up to date and contains a lot of stuff. Would it make sense to create a asset containing only the c# client API?

I also need for the continous integration the DLLs on the server side. I found a nuget package for the dlls but it's also been a while since the last update, any hints for something better?

I'm open to any suggestion on how to do a easyer integration of new users but staying in law.

Thanks
Bax
Site Admin

Re: Using smartfoxServer 2X on GitLab

Postby Bax » 22 May 2019, 16:09

Hello.
It is not an issue if you redistribute our client DLLs, so don't worry.
About an asset on the Asset Store containing our API only... that's not a bad idea. We will think about it.
The nuget package instead is not something we released. Currently it is not something we are interested in (too many release channels).
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team

Return to “SFS2X Questions”