Adding jars to a boot class path

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

andrew2110

Adding jars to a boot class path

Postby andrew2110 » 21 Nov 2018, 18:00

I'm relatively in-experienced when it comes to java, but have been trying to get Apple Push Notification Service (APNS) firing directly from a Smartfox Extension. I've now come up against a problem I can't figure a way around as shown on the screenshot:

INFO: ALPN callback dropped: HTTP/2 is disabled. Is alpn-boot on the boot class path?

So I've created a new Launch Configuration for the extension, edited the classpath so it looks like:

But the error still remains. I'm not too sure how the extensions are executed by SmartFox - but am now out of ideas and am wondering whether this is possible through a SmartFox extension?

So far the extension works great at sending push notifications with Firebase but no luck sending directly to APNS, the fallback would seem to be sending a job for PHP to do but that feels a bit dirty.
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: Adding jars to a boot class path

Postby Lapo » 22 Nov 2018, 09:08

Hi,
I am not familiar with the libraries you're using, anyways I think the error suggests that some classes need to be deployed in the JVM boot classpath.
This is a bit of an unusual thing for a library since the boot classpath is where Java finds its core classes (those provided by the JDK itself) and normally you don't need to mess with it.

In any case if that's a requirement for the libraries you're using you should deploy the alpn-boot jar file to the JRE folder.
SFS2X comes with an embedded Java Runtime, so the path to use would be -> SmartFoxServer_2X/jre/lib/

I think this should fix the problem.
Cheers
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games

Return to “SFS2X Questions”