Proximity list Missing or leaving updates?

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

Zenith

Proximity list Missing or leaving updates?

Postby Zenith » 21 Aug 2018, 16:27

hey I tried implementing a map where I have like trees, Stone mines, gold mines and most other units as MMOItems .

Now I made the player map in his AOI update according to his proximity list updates.

But I notice proximity list updates is missing or misgiving many updates.

Like some trees, mines etc do not get remove call so they are left in player AOI.
Similarly some are not getting item added call so they are not created .

Is there some bottle neck or limit of how much should be the number of items or so?

I haev test with like 3000 items on a big enough map.

As in above image the player is in top right corner and you see there are some trees left out in the bottom left corner which should have got removed.
Now when player go back to that area he will be getting messages to create those which are already created.
Similarly I keep getting messages from time to time to remove the items which were never created at all.

So what are the precautions I can use to get accuracy in this.
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: Proximity list Missing or leaving updates?

Postby Lapo » 22 Aug 2018, 07:24

Hi,
Is there some bottle neck or limit of how much should be the number of items or so?

No, not really, although you will have to respect the user's bandwidth :) Meaning that there's a reasonable limit of objects per AoI before the client will start suffering from excessive work and network usage.

But I notice proximity list updates is missing or misgiving many updates.

What SFS2X version are you using?
If it's reproducible send us a proof of concept that we can investigate.

Cheers
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games

Return to “SFS2X Questions”