Multiple Private Messages from the same User ? (Like Emails)

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

genar

Multiple Private Messages from the same User ? (Like Emails)

Postby genar » 01 Aug 2018, 16:19

Good evening !

I wanna implement some kind of private messages into my game... well all the examples i saw are featuring some kind of chat like conversation between the users ( Player A send PM to Player B => Chat windows opens => All PMS will be displayed there )...
Im planning an different mechanic, in my game players should be able to send multiple PM'S with different topics to the same receiver. An good example is the traditional email system.

Player A names a topic & and message and sends the PM to Player B. Player B receives the PM and can answer to the received PM.
Player A want to ask other Stuff and writes another PM => Player B receives this PM too and both of them are listed seperate from each other ( not both of them in one chat ).

There different message types ( Personal Messages are Private Messages ) ... but there should also be system messages, event messages and so on.
Unbenannt.PNG
(107.63 KiB) Not downloaded yet

There should be different message topics ( For example someone sended you currency, or a present or just a message), the picture is from the personal messages.
Unbenannt1.PNG
(98.71 KiB) Not downloaded yet

And when you open them you should be able to comment / answer every single on of these ( Event / System Messages excluded )
Unbenannt2.PNG
(40.96 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Is this possible with Sfs2X Private Messages API ? Or should i use my own implementation instead ?
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: Multiple Private Messages from the same User ? (Like Emails)

Postby Lapo » 01 Aug 2018, 17:27

Hi,
it is possible to have conversations for different topics, but grouping the messages into separate discussions is something that needs to be implemented in your code, most likely on the client side.

Every API message call such as SendPrivateMessage() or SendPublicMessage() allows you to pass an additional SFSObject with custom data. In this case you could add the topic as a parameter to that object, to identify the discussion.

Hope it helps
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
genar

Re: Multiple Private Messages from the same User ? (Like Emails)

Postby genar » 02 Aug 2018, 09:49

Alright thanks a lot, guess im writing my own extension for this kind of mechanic :)

Return to “SFS2X Questions”