Matchmaking help

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

Skills07

Matchmaking help

Postby Skills07 » 18 Jul 2018, 08:53

Hello smart forum & friends

i need to ask a question.
I have done a procedure that after login move all the players in a room called lobby.
Now i want to create the logic about matchmaking.
What i have to do when a player press play button?
I need to move 100 players to start a match(yeah it's a battle royale game)
so what should I do with java server extension code?
Can i have an example of the logic server side?
Because i need to move the players in a game room and the respwan their avatars in a city map.
Thanks to all for for the help.
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: Matchmaking help

Postby Lapo » 18 Jul 2018, 16:36

Hi,
it's a very generic question. It depends on how you want the matchmaking in your game to work.
Besides the server code how is the server supposed to match players? What are the parameters that put players together in the same game?

Once you have that clear in mind, then you can proceed implementing it in code.
Matchmaking in SFS2X can be as simple as just joining players in the first Room that has available slots, or matching them against a series of custom parameters.

I would highly recommend to read the documentation here to learn many of the options available:
http://docs2x.smartfoxserver.com/Advanc ... s/game-api

Cheers
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
Skills07

Postby Skills07 » 19 Jul 2018, 09:16

Lapo wrote:Hi,
it's a very generic question. It depends on how you want the matchmaking in your game to work.
Besides the server code how is the server supposed to match players? What are the parameters that put players together in the same game?

Once you have that clear in mind, then you can proceed implementing it in code.
Matchmaking in SFS2X can be as simple as just joining players in the first Room that has available slots, or matching them against a series of custom parameters.

I would highly recommend to read the documentation here to learn many of the options available:
http://docs2x.smartfoxserver.com/Advanc ... s/game-api

Cheers

Hello Lapo,
our games is like PUBG or Forntite.
On main menu you can select solo match, duo match, 3-man-squad match, and squad
(so in the first case the server must move 100 players in a game room, in the second case 50 couples, in the last case a squad of 4 members)
a match must contains at least 100 players.
But the game can start with a minmum of 80 players.

So i want to know i can i do this logic...
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 19 Jul 2018, 10:47

Okay.
Solo play match is rather simple because you don't have to make teams. Everyone fights against everyone else.

How are you planning to match players in teams of 2,3 or 4 people? Randomly? By some kind of rank? Factions? Something else?

cheers
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

...addicted to flash games
Skills07

Postby Skills07 » 19 Jul 2018, 14:42

Lapo wrote:Okay.
Solo play match is rather simple because you don't have to make teams. Everyone fights against everyone else.

How are you planning to match players in teams of 2,3 or 4 people? Randomly? By some kind of rank? Factions? Something else?

cheers

the first option is i can play with one of my friends,
so if i click duo and i am in team i play with my friend(and i want to create the duo before starts the match and move the players(in fact select one of my friend in a friends list, and if he accepts the invitation it join in my team).
The same thing in other modes but in squad for example if the team is composed by 3 friends and there is missing the fourth, we need to find the last in casual mode.

Return to “SFS2X Questions”