db connection issues.

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

astraali

db connection issues.

Postby astraali » 06 Jul 2018, 13:43

Hey there im trying to connect to my MySQL db trough smartfox.
I get this error:

Loading class `com.mysql.jdbc.Driver'. This is deprecated. The new driver class is `com.mysql.cj.jdbc.Driver'. The driver is automatically registered via the SPI and manual loading of the driver class is generally unnecessary.
16:26:28,058 ERROR [main] db.SFSDBManager - java.sql.SQLNonTransientConnectionException:
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Exception: java.sql.SQLNonTransientConnectionException
Message: Cannot load connection class because of underlying exception: com.mysql.cj.exceptions.WrongArgumentException: Malformed database URL, failed to parse the main URL sections.
Description: The DBManager Test SQL failed: SELECT * FROM asiakas
Please double check your SQL code and make sure that Database server is running.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

db driver class: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
connection string: jdbc:mysql://mydb.tamk.fi:3306/dbe7vtuomi1
TEST SQL: SELECT * FROM asiakas
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: db connection issues.

Postby Lapo » 07 Jul 2018, 05:34

Hi,
it looks like you're using the latest JDBC driver version 8.x from MySQL.
After a quick test I've noticed the same problems. At the moment I can't say what might be going on, exactly. I suspect it depends on things they have changed in release 8.

Unless you absolutely need the latest version I'd rather recommend downloading the previous version of the driver, version 5.x
You can get it from the same page, just click the "Looking for previous GA versions?" link.
https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/j/

Cheers
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games

Return to “SFS2X Questions”