What's the purpose of multiple 2X instances?

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

Ninjaoninja2

What's the purpose of multiple 2X instances?

Postby Ninjaoninja2 » 20 May 2017, 22:06

I've seen a lot of topics, questions, and even a post on this on the blog. But what would be the purpose for using multiple instances of SFS on one server, I mean you can already create different zones for different games so I couldn't see it being used for multiple games? Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks again, Zach.
coolboy714cp

Re: What's the purpose of multiple 2X instances?

Postby coolboy714cp » 22 May 2017, 03:58

Sorry I deleted this post, apologies.
Last edited by coolboy714cp on 23 May 2017, 02:32, edited 1 time in total.
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 22 May 2017, 07:41

Ninjaoninja2 wrote:I've seen a lot of topics, questions, and even a post on this on the blog. But what would be the purpose for using multiple instances of SFS on one server, I mean you can already create different zones for different games so I couldn't see it being used for multiple games? Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks again, Zach.

I am not sure I can help. Personally I think the same, there's no real need to do that and yet we have customers that prefer that kind of approach, although they are a minority.

I think it has to do with the way the have decided to manage their game/app. Some are probably not even very clear on how to work with multi-zones and just prefer to run multiple servers. Other do it for higher availability: i.e. if one instance goes down the others will keep the service up, etc.

Cheers
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 22 May 2017, 07:42

coolboy714cp wrote:And in addition to my idea about the @<username> thing, it would actually be the first time I've seen it in a forum personally, add a little jQuery onHover() function type thing when mouse is over it and have it display the user's profile info right above the words or something. - Again similar to Discord and not too hard (very easy) to code. It would definitely increase private messaging I think.. If you guys even care about those kind of stats... my 2 cents. lol anyways....

I agree, it could be useful. We'll look into it.

cheers
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

...addicted to flash games

Return to “SFS2X Questions”