Connection Problem With mobile

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

ekrem5353

Connection Problem With mobile

Postby ekrem5353 » 24 Dec 2016, 09:24

Hi,

We have mobile game I published on the google play .I have connection problem .I cant debug it because I cant get the same problem sometimes it doesnt connect. I get comments on the googleplay saying I couldnt connect so I deleted it. I wrote logs to every line of the code so they can send the problem to me. it calles DoConnect method and nothing. How can I track down the problem?

Thanks
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: Connection Problem With mobile

Postby Lapo » 26 Dec 2016, 08:55

Hi,
the fact that someone might have connection issues is to be expected. Of course if a large % of the user base complains then there might be a problem with your server machine config.

If there's no good way to reproduce the problem you should ask more questions to those who are complaining, such as what country/location they are connecting from, what phone they have, maybe their connection provider etc... Just to see if there's a pattern or common clues.

Did you setup your client so that it could also connect via BlueBox?

Thanks
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
ekrem5353

Postby ekrem5353 » 26 Dec 2016, 12:55

Hi,

We are not using bluebox. I dont know how to setup bluebox for client. I write log They can send the logs to me. sfs.Connect(cfg); after this it calls OnConnection
public void OnConnection(BaseEvent evt)
{
bool success = (bool)evt.Params["success"];
if (success)
{
Debug.Log("ConnectSucces");
}
else
{
Debug.Log("Unable to connect to " + sfs.Config.Host + ":" + sfs.Config.Port + "\nIs the server running at all?");
DisposeSFS();
}

}
There are logs before sfs.Connect(cfg); and it stops there there isnt ConnectSuccess or Unable to connect to...

I tried too much but i didnt get this error .I tried when signal is very low but it still connects. But players sends to me these logs and way too much maybe 35 percent of them complains. Is there a specific configuration on smartfox for mobile connections.

And they say we dont get same connection problem when we are connected with wi-fi. But they say we can connect to other games but we just cant connect to your game. And I didnt write single player mode yet They just delete it and give bad note on google play.

Thanks.
ekrem5353

Postby ekrem5353 » 26 Dec 2016, 13:39

Hi,

I think I gon a clue when I have them clean their application data they can connect again. But inside connect method I always instantiate new SmartFox object. What should I do ?

Thanks
ekrem5353

Postby ekrem5353 » 26 Dec 2016, 14:41

Hi,

I got another clue . With really bad internet connection I repeatedly call sfs.Disconnect() after disconnected I call connect method and sometimes after sfs.connect called it waits like couple of minutes and then connect event happens maybe this is the problem.

and by the way smartfox is mostly great thoug I am not very advanced developer my game can compete with big firms which is really good.

Thanks..
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 27 Dec 2016, 10:55

If there's a bad network on the client side problems are to be expected.
I am not sure why 35% of people would have bad connections though, are they from countries with poor mobile providers maybe?

Or maybe you're having issues with your hosting?
If you want you can send me your server IP address and I'll test from a couple of remote locations.

Send me a private message, if you want me to check.

Cheers
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

...addicted to flash games

Return to “SFS2X Questions”