Cannot connec to Admin Panel with NOIP

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

Ludopathic

Cannot connec to Admin Panel with NOIP

Postby Ludopathic » 12 Nov 2016, 02:31

Hi guys, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here,

I installed SFS2X on an rpi3 which is connected with noip2 due to my isp forcing dynamic ips on me. I cann ssh into the box and use vnc fine with noip so I know that everything is pointing in the right direction. I can access the admin panel from the browser on the pi on local host, I can access the panel from my laptop on the LAN but I cannot for the life of me access the panel from my noip address. - my.noip2.address:8080 is what I have tried as well as 9933. Smartfoxserver detects an attempt to connect on port 9933 (which I have forwarded to the pi) however I have not set up port forwarding for port 8080 to the pi for fear of interfering with normal net traffic at home. Should I forward these ports or is there something else I'm doing wrong here?

Also will I need to add the noip address to sockets in the server.xml file?
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: Cannot connec to Admin Panel with NOIP

Postby Lapo » 12 Nov 2016, 15:36

Hi,
unfortunately I have no idea what "rpi3" and "noip2" are... I suppose the latter is some sort of DNS service for dynamic IP addresses but I could be wrong.

I would highly recommend to use a hosting service that provides you with a static IP address, to avoid issues like the one you're having. Servers must run on static IPs.

There are dozens of VPS services that offer low price virtual servers. You can also take a look at our cloud partners:
http://smartfoxserver.com/cloud

Thanks
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
Ludopathic

Postby Ludopathic » 19 Nov 2016, 03:25

Hi Lapo,

rpi3 is the Raspberry Pi 3 computer. Yes indeed, noip2 is a dynamic dns updater service. I fixed the problem, turns out I had to forward ALL the ports including port 8080 on my router to access the admin panel.
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 19 Nov 2016, 08:23

I see, thanks for the update. :)

Cheers
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

...addicted to flash games

Return to “SFS2X Questions”