Problem applying license

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

winstonwaite

Problem applying license

Postby winstonwaite » 01 Nov 2016, 22:26

I have a fresh install of 2.9 that was patched to 2.11.1

I tried to put in an unlimited license that worked on 2.10.x. Oddly... the test license button is disabled and when I hit submit it becomes disabled and doesn't change.

I see the following error in the smartfox.log :

Code: Select all

01 Nov 2016 | 18:27:06,141 | ERROR | SFSWorker:Ext:4 | controllers.v290.ExtensionReqController |     | java.lang.NullPointerException:
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
Description: Error while handling client request in extension: { Ext: Admin, Type: JAVA, Lev: ZONE, { Zone: --=={{{ AdminZone }}}==-- }, {} }
Extension Cmd: licenseMan.saveData
+--- --- ---+
Stack Trace:
+--- --- ---+
com.smartfoxserver.v2.admin.handlers.LicenseManagerModuleReqHandler.handleAdminRequest(LicenseManagerModuleReqHandler.java:95)
com.smartfoxserver.v2.admin.handlers.BaseAdminModuleReqHandler.handleClientRequest(BaseAdminModuleReqHandler.java:58)
com.smartfoxserver.v2.extensions.SFSExtension.handleClientRequest(SFSExtension.java:208)
com.smartfoxserver.v2.controllers.v290.ExtensionReqController.processRequest(ExtensionReqController.java:174)
com.smartfoxserver.v2.controllers.v290.ExtensionReqController$1.run(ExtensionReqController.java:68)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Bax
Site Admin

Re: Problem applying license

Postby Bax » 02 Nov 2016, 08:25

Very odd issue... I suspect this is due to the browser cache. Try to clear it and retry.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
winstonwaite

Postby winstonwaite » 02 Nov 2016, 15:47

Cleared cache and data since the beginning of time in Chrome. Also tried Safari which needed a fresh install of Flash. Same result.
winstonwaite

Postby winstonwaite » 02 Nov 2016, 16:01

This is the first time I personally have tried to apply an unlimited license. The other licenses are 5k users. All show up on the license website and appear to be valid/not expired.
winstonwaite

Postby winstonwaite » 02 Nov 2016, 16:13

Used a previously run 2.10.0 patched instance... it accepted the unlimited license. Are you guys able to apply a license with a fresh copy of 2.9 patched to the latest?
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 02 Nov 2016, 16:15

Can you please contact us by email providing your account id? We would like to test that license.
If it's not a cache issue, then there's a chance your installation got corrupted, because an NPE error at that line is a nonsense.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
winstonwaite

Postby winstonwaite » 02 Nov 2016, 16:26

I manually added the unlimited license to server.xml for the fresh version of SF... seems to work now.

Return to “SFS2X Questions”