IMPORTANT: Need major help regarding scaling app concurrency

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

JuliusBtesh

IMPORTANT: Need major help regarding scaling app concurrency

Postby JuliusBtesh » 14 Jun 2015, 22:53

I have been developing a game using Smartfox for about 9 months now and we are close to production but are running into issues with concurrent users. We are running into issues with only 100 concurrent users and we plan to have thousands, or hundreds of thousands at a time.

Our app is integrated with a website so it hits an Apache web server along with a MySQL database to perform certain tasks.

We need some insight from someone who has developed an application on a large scale in order to move forward.

Anyone know what we can do to not only boost service speeds throughout the app but also have a much better app reliability for all logged in users.

PMing me or emailing me at julius.btesh@mangoconcept.com (preferable) will be fine.

Thank you!
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: IMPORTANT: Need major help regarding scaling app concurr

Postby Lapo » 15 Jun 2015, 07:29

Can you provide more details about the problems you're having with a 100 CCU?

In general if you heavily depend on server-to-server HTTP calls you will have scalability issues. HTTP is typically slow and the situation gets worse if SFS2X and Apache are not communicating locally. SmartFoxServer 2X 2.9.x and higher is already built to deal with slow server-side communications by virtue of the auto-scaling thread pools. In simple terms this allows the server to resize the internal pools of threads to deal with slow databases or HTTP calls. (More details here)

While SFS2X can easily handle 100K CCU on a dedicated 8-10 core machine, this is very improbable for MySQL and Apache, so I think some thoughts need to be spent finding a strategy to avoid bottlenecks with those two components.

cheers
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games

Return to “SFS2X Questions”