After 2.9.0 upgrade: IllegalStateException: AsyncContext

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

KarymovDN

Re: After 2.9.0 upgrade: IllegalStateException: AsyncContext

Postby KarymovDN » 29 Sep 2014, 07:46

Marco, I see the same exception about once a minute on a local machine (Mac OS) with 1 user connected via BlueBox. I don't see any effect on transmitting though - all messages arrive in correct order. If you want to investigate it, I can help with logs or whatever you need.
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 29 Sep 2014, 08:32

Thanks for reporting.
The interesting (or rather, weird) part is that I am on MacOS X too and I have never seen this problem... once. :shock:

What MacOS X version do you use?
What client technology do you use for the test client?

cheers
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
ktamlyn

Postby ktamlyn » 13 Nov 2014, 19:29

I am encountering a similar issue to the original poster.

1) I am receiving the same async error on a regular basis
2) "Bluebox" does not seem to be a consideration though I have not elimintated this completely as the cause of the error
3) I am having specific users encounter connection problems. They will connect and be OK for about 10 minutes and then end up being disconnected involuntarily, at which point they cannot reconnect - they end up in this connect/disconnect/connect loop.
4) We do not encounter this problem in normal testing, but have encountered it at two separate client networks. Not every user has a problem, and the ones that do have the problem consistently.

Is there a download for SFS 2X version 2.7.X which I can download and test on the client end?

Is there a possibility that upgrading from 2.9.0 to 2.9.2 will eliminate this issue? We are running out of patience on the client end, and the only way to test is to have them test so the fewer times we have to ask "try this version please" the better.

Thanks!
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 14 Nov 2014, 09:32

The disconnection in 10 minutes might be caused by a timing issue we have fixed in 2.9.2
I highly suggest to upgrade and tell us if it has helped.

4) We do not encounter this problem in normal testing, but have encountered it at two separate client networks. Not every user has a problem, and the ones that do have the problem consistently.

Keep in mind that user behind a proxy or in restricted networks may have connection issues even with the BlueBox. What the BB does is tunneling the traffic over HTTP in the most efficient way. What it can't do is compensating for a crappy connection :)
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

ktamlyn

Postby ktamlyn » 14 Nov 2014, 23:58

Can you provide a link to version 2.7? I am unsure if this is a good temporary fix, but like the user who started this tread I am getting disconnect issues that I'm trying to resolve.
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 15 Nov 2014, 21:46

Version 2.9.x has been tested with over 100K CCU with no disconnection issues whatsoever. There is no specific reason to correlate disconnections with a version upgrade. Disconnections happen for a myriad of times.

Please make sure to upgrade to version 2.9.2 if you're having disconnection issues with the BlueBox (HTTP tunneling)
The last patch we did address an HTTP timeout issue that will help under certain scenarios, with HTTP tunneled connections.

http://www.smartfoxserver.com/download/sfs2x#p=update
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

rewb0rn

Postby rewb0rn » 15 Jan 2015, 15:39

Hey just a heads up, this exception is still popping up in SFS 2.9.2

Thanks

Return to “SFS2X Questions”