Debugging the server from Netbeans

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

braza

Debugging the server from Netbeans

Postby braza » 05 Apr 2014, 11:35

Hi,

Topic says it all. Being noob is a tough burden. I think I did my homework and searched through the foum.

What I`ve done:
  • Created a simple project in Netbeans for the extension. Compiled
  • Copied into the extensions folder
  • Verified that SFS2X see the extension and classes from the Admin tool, but didn`t assign it anywhere
  • Set the JVM keys from here http://docs2x.smartfoxserver.com/Gettin ... wtos#item6
  • Clicked restart from the admin tool
  • In Netbeans went to Attach Debugger with params: dt_socket, 8787. Here is what I see http://screenpresso.com/=08ONf
  • Connected, Logged in from Unity
  • Request new room from Unity: settings.Extension = new RoomExtension(constants.extensionName, constants.extensionClass); sfs.Send(new CreateRoomRequest(settings, true));
  • Netbeans shows break point as "broken" :(

I did some homework and checked threads. One sounded close, but I didn yse bat files viewtopic.php?t=12000

What I don`t understand is how are dynamically created extensions are supposed to be debugged at all? Should there be a separate thread on the left side so that I could attach to it in order to debug certain instance of extension? I`m really new to Netbeans and remote debugging of things that are on the server and actually in multiple instances. I`m a desktop standlanoe C# dev, thus this plea for help

Thanks
braza

Re: Debugging the server from Netbeans

Postby braza » 06 Apr 2014, 16:08

Now break point work.. I don`t understand how, I do not know what exactly did I do except rebuild, but it works now. :mrgreen:

Return to “SFS2X Questions”