Incoming request size too large

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

bjsion

Incoming request size too large

Postby bjsion » 16 Jan 2014, 10:30

Smartfox: v2.6
Client : Unity 3.5 with SFSDll v1.3

I have a strange error that is recurring in my smartfox log. As I understand, the incoming message is too large. However, none of my test clients are active and there is very little traffic as this is a test machine.

Any advice on the cause and ways to prevent this problem.

Code: Select all

16 Jan 2014 | 17:34:02,992 | INFO  | SocketReader | bitswarm.sessions.DefaultSessionManager |     | Session created: { Id: 44, Type: DEFAULT, Logged: No, IP: 127.0.0.1:61557 } on Server port: 9933 <---> 61557
16 Jan 2014 | 17:34:02,996 | INFO  | SocketReader | bitswarm.sessions.DefaultSessionManager |     | Session removed: { Id: 44, Type: DEFAULT, Logged: No, IP: 127.0.0.1:61557 }
16 Jan 2014 | 17:34:02,996 | WARN  | SocketReader | protocol.binary.BinaryIoHandler |     | java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Exception: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
Message: Incoming request size too large: 1701604463, Current limit: 8000000, From: { Id: 44, Type: DEFAULT, Logged: No, IP: 127.0.0.1:61557 }
+--- --- ---+
Stack Trace:
+--- --- ---+
com.smartfoxserver.v2.protocol.binary.BinaryIoHandler.validateIncomingDataSize(BinaryIoHandler.java:563)
com.smartfoxserver.v2.protocol.binary.BinaryIoHandler.handleDataSize(BinaryIoHandler.java:328)
com.smartfoxserver.v2.protocol.binary.BinaryIoHandler.handleRead(BinaryIoHandler.java:217)
com.smartfoxserver.v2.protocol.SFSIoHandler.onDataRead(SFSIoHandler.java:131)
com.smartfoxserver.bitswarm.core.SocketReader.readTcpData(SocketReader.java:338)
com.smartfoxserver.bitswarm.core.SocketReader.readIncomingSocketData(SocketReader.java:222)
com.smartfoxserver.bitswarm.core.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:173)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Lapo
Site Admin

Re: Incoming request size too large

Postby Lapo » 16 Jan 2014, 10:32

Hi,
the server might be complaining about garbage data being sent by some random user / application. If an application that doesn't speak the SFS2X protocol attempts to send some data it will generate similar errors.

Unless thousands of these error per day I would not worry about it, but maybe just keep an eye on the logs every once in a while.

Cheers

p.s. = as you can seen the sender is not logged in, so it's very unlikely that the client is a legit SFS2X client.
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
bjsion

Postby bjsion » 16 Jan 2014, 10:40

Hi Lapo,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Lapo wrote:Hi,
the server might be complaining about garbage data being sent by some random user / application. If an application that doesn't speak the SFS2X protocol attempts to send some data it will generate similar errors.

Unless thousands of these error per day I would not worry about it, but maybe just keep an eye on the logs every once in a while.

Cheers

p.s. = as you can seen the sender is not logged in, so it's very unlikely that the client is a legit SFS2X client.

I did notice that. TBH, that's what had me worried. I guess if some user/app is trying to hit my test server I need to harden it a bit.

Cheers,
Ben
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 16 Jan 2014, 10:49

SFS2X already takes care of it by not allowing anyone inside without properly sending a handshake and logging in. With the default settings, the connection will linger for ~20 seconds and then it will be forcefully removed. No harm done.
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

...addicted to flash games
Moonshine|ashish

Postby Moonshine|ashish » 19 Jun 2019, 09:45

I am facing this issue when i was trying to connect Smart fox to eclipse for debugging
have followed steps which i got from other posts but still not able to connect .

added all these switches
-Xdebug
-Xnoagent
-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=8787,server=y,suspend=n

and then in my eclipse debug settings
host : localhost
port : 8787

Don't know whats wrong pls help. Thanks in advance

Return to “SFS2X Questions”