SignUp Assistant - Activation Code Problem

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

petergpls

SignUp Assistant - Activation Code Problem

Postby petergpls » 14 Jul 2013, 00:37

Hi,
I am testing the new signup and login assistant API in SFS2x but have an issue which I can not resolve using the actual API - I would need to develop another fix.

I am using the example provided for SignUp and Login and all works very well - thanks, however, given that it is possible for the activation panel to time out if the activation code arrives by email, we need to be able to re-enter it at a later stage i.e. outside of the signup process and this is where the problem occurs. There is no allowance to re-enter the activation code if an attempt to login is made and the alert box states 'Account not activated...'

I have tried various things but all have failed as the session looks for a database ID which is not available. The other thing that I could do is to delete the database record completely and start again but this is overkill??
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: SignUp Assistant - Activation Code Problem

Postby Lapo » 14 Jul 2013, 09:22

Re-entering the code at a second stage is not supported, sorry.
For starters you can configure the amount of time a user is allowed to stay connected via the UserIdleTime in the Zone. Not only this but if you are concerned about the Activation panel to timeout you can send a keep alive signal to your extension to avoid being disconnected.

Additionally you can add a small button that will re-send the email to the user in case the first one is not received.
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 14 Jul 2013, 15:33

For the sake of completeness I should say that you can implement a postponed activation using an "external" system.
You can customize the confirmation email so that it presents a link that when is clicked brings the user to an activation page made with PHP / JSP etc...

This way you can let the user activate his account at a later time and without the need for him/her to input the activation code. The webpage will in turn access the users database and turn the activation flag on.

After this is done you can direct the user to the application login.
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

...addicted to flash games
petergpls

Postby petergpls » 14 Jul 2013, 23:34

Thanks - I was thinking the same thing actually.

Return to “SFS2X Questions”