No Login Request Recieved at the server

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

azfar84

No Login Request Recieved at the server

Postby azfar84 » 31 Jul 2012, 12:41

I am making a game in Unity (C#/.NET Api) using SFS 2X as the game server. When the user tries to log in, I get no trace in the log specifying that a Login Request has been made by the client-side. This is confirmed when the game doesnt notify me about sending the Login Request, I do get the trace that a session has been created which expires due to inactivity. Here's part of the server log:

Code: Select all

SocketReader bitswarm.sessions.DefaultSessionManager created: { Id: 21, Type: DEFAULT, Logged: No, IP: 116.71.185.89:52914 } on Server port: 9933 <---> 52914

SocketReader bitswarm.sessions.DefaultSessionManager Session removed: { Id: 21, Type: DEFAULT, Logged: No, IP: 116.71.185.89:52914 }

I experience no problem in connecting on the IPads I have with me. However the problem occurs when a certain user tries to login from his/her country through his/her IPad.

I have a related question: How does the server confirms receiving a login request in the log? Does one get to know about it when the user has logged in?

Any help in this regard would be highly appreciated.
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: No Login Request Recieved at the server

Postby Lapo » 31 Jul 2012, 18:58

Yes, logins are logged like this at INFO level:

Code: Select all

15:41:56,590 INFO  [com.smartfoxserver.v2.controllers.SystemController-1] api.SFSApi     - User login: { Zone: SimpleChat }, ( User Name: GuestUser#707, Id: 707, Priv: 0, Sess: 192.168.0.6:58356 ) , Type: Java::

If you don't see that message, the server didn't get any request. In case of a failed login you should get a message too unless there's some problem in your custom login code. Basically in the Extension code you should raise a LoginException if any error occurs (e.g. wrong password) and that will show up in the logs.

I experience no problem in connecting on the IPads I have with me. However the problem occurs when a certain user tries to login from his/her country through his/her IPad.

Is it always the same user, or does this happens to several different users?
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
azfar84

Postby azfar84 » 01 Aug 2012, 12:49

yes we are experiencing this problem with the same user. He tested on multiple ipads but to no avail. However he was successful in running the game on his mac. Also please note that we are not employing any custom login script. We are using the standard login procedure that comes with the server.
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 01 Aug 2012, 16:14

Ok, excellent, so it rules out coding issues.
If the user can connect but then the login doesn't complete is very strange. From your logs it seems that the login request doesn't even get to the server which is even stranger.
There's a couple of things that you should investigate:

1) If there's any unhandled error on the client side. Do you know if there's any way to see the application logs like you would do on a Mac or PC with the WebPlayer?

2) You could set the SFS2X logging level to DEBUG to see exactly which packets (if any) the client is sending.
NOTE OF CAUTION: if the test is done on a live server with lots of clients connected you might get huge log files very quickly because the DEBUG mode logs tons of informations, including hex dumps of each packets etc...

let us know what you discover
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

azfar84

Postby azfar84 » 02 Aug 2012, 15:36

Dear Lapo,

Thank you for your reply.

We asked the concerned user to run the connector example at the following link on his IPad.
http://docs2x.smartfoxserver.com/ExamplesIOS/connector
The Log displayed on the application showed that
1) There was a successful connection with the server.
2) In addition he managed to log in.

We verified both events via server log.

Now, we also made the concerned user to run Unity's connector example on his IPad. (http://docs2x.smartfoxserver.com/Exampl ... /connector)
He managed to connect to the server but failed to log in. We verified that his session was created but also was removed after an interval of 50s more or less.

We managed to add SFS Debug Log to our Login screen.

Here's his log:

Here's our debug log (tested on our Ipad)

What can we do now?
azfar84

Postby azfar84 » 06 Aug 2012, 08:45

As it is evident from the screen shots taken, the particular user doesn't get handshake confirmation when he tries to login (there's no handshake request from the client-side either). How can we check whether he is getting connected successfully or not? Is there a possibility that the user is getting connected but debug status log message is not being received? Can there be a problem with the way Unity3d and SfS code gets translated into Obj-C code in Xcode? Also can there be a problem with the firmware of the device Ipad (user is using 5.1.1 and we also tested on 5.1.1)?
Last edited by azfar84 on 06 Aug 2012, 10:48, edited 1 time in total.
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 06 Aug 2012, 09:18

I need Thomas Lund to check this, because he's the the C# and Unity guru.
I have dropped him a note, about this issue. We'll get back to you asap.
Thanks
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

ThomasLund

Postby ThomasLund » 10 Aug 2012, 13:05

Think I missed this one and answered for the same question somewhere else. Anyways - lots more info to go by here.

Generally it is pretty weird error.

We have lots of iPad code that works flawless - never had this issue on any of our own games.

I take it that your own builds work perfectly well as you write. And since there is activity on the net - its not a firewall or similar blocking ports. Could possibly be some filtering happening in a firewall still, but less certain.

So - end of the day it must be something very specific to the given users iPad.

1) is it jailbroken or not?
2) what country (e.g. something about character sets or whatever)
3) has he tried to run it on a different network than where he is experiencing the issue?

/T
Full Control - maker of Unity/C# and Java SFS API and indie games
Follow on twitter: http://twitter.com/thomas_h_lund
azfar84

Postby azfar84 » 13 Aug 2012, 11:03

Dear Thomas,

Thank you for your reply.

1) The ipad is NOT jailbroken.
2) Denmark - must be Danish character set but the iPad language is Englsih but bought in Denmark.
3) Yes it is tried both on Wifi and 3G and also different networks.

Our deployment is stuck due to this very issue. (Earlier we planned on purchasing a license for 10K users -- but didn't know that such issues could arise)

We are using the following hosting plan:
http://shockwaveserver.com/index.asp?page_id=178
azfar84

Postby azfar84 » 10 Sep 2012, 05:37

Guys, we have moved to Photon. With Photon we experienced no such issue.

Return to “SFS2X Questions”