NPC issue been fixed in 2x?

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

Zanpher

NPC issue been fixed in 2x?

Postby Zanpher » 12 Jun 2012, 17:17

Good Morning,

I was wondering if the NPC issue have been fixed in the 2x version? I remember in the 1x version, each npc uses a User license as that was how the product was designed (even though it didn't make sense as a NPC is not a User ...). Have this issue been fixed in the 2x version?
Jake-GR

Re: NPC issue been fixed in 2x?

Postby Jake-GR » 12 Jun 2012, 18:22

The response I've gotten before on this subject, is that its the intended behavior.
So your answer would be "no", because there is nothing to be "fixed". NPCs still count against your CCU limit, but they wont register against the "Total CCUs" in the Admin Tool. If you login to the Admin Tool it will show 1 Total CCU, even if you have 99 NPCs, you hit the 100 mark (1 admin + 99 npc), and the server will not accept any new connections when using the Community Edition.
Zanpher

Postby Zanpher » 12 Jun 2012, 18:47

Ok, I guess I can see where they are coming from about it is not seen as a bug from their view due to that is how they designed the software. It still seems shady on my end (as a user) as this is tooted as a multi user application/games server, when you cannot really use it as such (in an MMO setting) if you use the software's AI functions/commands.

Having 100 or more NPCs is really low end. Heck if you hit 500 NPCs, that is still low end for a MMO. I guess the only way to actually create NPCs, mobs, etc is to write your own 100% custom code and use none of the server's npc code ...
Jake-GR

Postby Jake-GR » 12 Jun 2012, 21:09

The way it was explained is the method the NPCs actually interact with the server and other clients is the same way clients connect. I did mention it would be nice if the Total CCU count would accurately reflect the actual number that is being counted against the license.
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 13 Jun 2012, 09:20

As we have explained in other posts, if you need large quantities of NPCs the unlimited license is the way to go.
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 14 Jun 2012, 07:45

Jake-GR wrote:I did mention it would be nice if the Total CCU count would accurately reflect the actual number that is being counted against the license.

Starting from version 1.2.0 of the Admin Tool (the latest available as of today), the Total CCU info includes the NPCs.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
Zanpher

Postby Zanpher » 15 Jun 2012, 17:19

Thanks for the update.

Return to “SFS2X Questions”