Missing BuddyList $__BV_NICKNAME__

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

whornak

Missing BuddyList $__BV_NICKNAME__

Postby whornak » 16 May 2012, 12:01

On occasion the Offline & ReservedBuddyVariables are not availabe after the InitBuddyListRequest().

The only thing that I have found that resolves this issue is to restart SFS. There are no errors of any sort that I can find. And it only seems to happen when the server has been running for some time though I will try to gather some details about it once it occurs again.

Any idea why this information gets left off?
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: Missing BuddyList $__BV_NICKNAME__

Postby Lapo » 16 May 2012, 12:23

Can you please provide the details such as server version, client API type and version and describe a bit better how the problem manifests? Can you provide a list of steps to see the problem?
Is this supposed to happen to all clients after "some time"?

thanks
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
whornak

Postby whornak » 16 May 2012, 22:47

Server: Windows Server 2008R2
Client API: AS3 Ver: 2.0.1
Current OpenSpace version: 2.0.4 | 1.0.2

Regarding how the problem manifests itself I am not sure, it is working at one point and then at some point it just stops. The way the system is designed this information is always available if being a buddy.

I went back into the logs, having them set at debug mode, and couldn't tell what information was/wasn't returned as a result of InitBuddyList.
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 22 May 2012, 17:49

Well at this point it is pretty difficult to say anything. It would be better if could isolate a series of steps that reproduce the problem or suggest a way for us to recreate it. As of today we haven't had other reports of similar issues so it might be a problem with your code. Try debugging your code a bit more.
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

...addicted to flash games

Return to “SFS2X Questions”