complaints about createNPC

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

Jake-GR

complaints about createNPC

Postby Jake-GR » 04 Apr 2012, 03:44

I know it has been posted that NPCs take away from the CCU license, which personally I think is ludicrous.
But when viewing with the Admin Tool, why would you make it so they don't show up as a CCU (when they are counted against it)?
If we are going to be limited on how many NPCs can be on the server, make the number show up accurately?
Total CCU: 1
Sessions: socket 1 | http 0
Users logged in: socket 1 | http 0 | npc 99

This will work, but adding one more NPC will deny Admin Tool access because "The server is full".
See my concern, if NPCs count against CCUs, at least make them register (like when you login with the Admin Tool)

Edit:
I apologize for the rant, was tired when I first posted :(
The docs say "There is no real, physical connection to the Server", and they are not counted against "Total CCU" in the Admin Tool... I think anyone's logical assumption would be that NPCs don't matter.
It would be nice if they didn't count against CCUs, but if they do, it should be made clear in the docs, and reported correctly in the Admin Tool. (I think the best solution would be that the current "Total CCU" is the actual number used when comparing to the license)
PePPeR

Re: complaints about createNPC

Postby PePPeR » 15 May 2012, 19:40

Have the same problem!
When npc == max CCU server return mmessage "server full"
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: complaints about createNPC

Postby Lapo » 16 May 2012, 12:48

The smallest commercial license is 500 users. Are you running 500 NPCs?
It sounds like alot. Can't you optimize it?

thanks
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games

Return to “SFS2X Questions”