SFSServer doesn't auto start after VPS reboots

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

NM

SFSServer doesn't auto start after VPS reboots

Postby NM » 20 Feb 2012, 17:48

Hi,

I'm pretty new to SFS and VPS hosting. I've been putting together my first project and it's been going pretty well - loving SFS2X.

One problem I'm having is that my VPS hosting hasn't been so reliable recently - rebooted 4 time is four weeks - and when the VPS reboots, SFS2X doesn't automatically start (like it does on my Windows 7 test environment) .

How do I make it automatically start up after the VPS reboots? I currently have to go in through SSH to start it up manually.

My VPS is running CentOS 6 and the latest version of SFS2X. I did a little search for this but didn't find an answer.

Cheers
Last edited by NM on 20 Feb 2012, 18:29, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers, NM
NM

Re: SFSServer doesn't auto start after VPS reboots

Postby NM » 20 Feb 2012, 18:27

Also, when I check the status (./sfs2x-service status) of the service, it says: "The daemon is stopped (or running)".

I installed it as a "Service" rather than a daemon as I was told this is better. Is it normal for it to be calling itself a daemon when running as a service? Or something strange happening here?

Cheers
Cheers, NM
NM

Re: SFSServer doesn't auto start after VPS reboots

Postby NM » 21 Feb 2012, 03:07

Looks like I got it working. I added it as a daemon, but the code in the SFS2X installation instructions didn't work for me on CentOS 6.

I used symlinks to the sfs2x-service file from /etc/rc.d/init.d (as sfs2X) and /etc/rc.d/rc5.d (as S99sfs2X).

After rebooting the VPS, sfs2x automatically started up for me - perfect ^_^

I'm not sure if you should use symlinks on /etc/rc.d/init.d as the rest of the item are files. But after adding the symlink, sfs2X appeared in the chkconfig list and everything work great on reboot...

I'm new to this, so if anyone knows that this isn't the best way of ensuring SFS2X auto starts on reboot on CentOS 6, please let me know.

Cheers
Cheers, NM

Return to “SFS2X Questions”