Pre-populated bad words list?

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

Sparticus

Pre-populated bad words list?

Postby Sparticus » 16 Feb 2012, 22:06

Hey all,

I see smartfox comes with a "wordsFile.txt" which allows you to fliter the words found in that document out of peoples chat. Is there not one somewhere already pre-populated with a few hundred or more bad words in it already?

I don't want to spend a few hours populating with bad words if someone already has one in working order.

Lapo
Site Admin

Re: Pre-populated bad words list?

Postby Lapo » 17 Feb 2012, 10:47

Here's a website with a big collection of English swear words:
http://www.noswearing.com/dictionary

I am not aware of multi language dictionaries but I am quite sure that you should be able to find something via Google.
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
NM

Postby NM » 20 Mar 2012, 23:54

I'm not sure where to save the wordsFile[ZONE].txt nor how the file loaded.

It looks like the it should go server side in the private config file next to the wordsFile.txt that already exists. But this doesn't seem to work - is that correct, or am I doing something wrong?

If not, then I'd have to put it in a relative folder to the game swf - which isn't ideal for me.

How does the word filter loading process work? Is it loaded through Java server side or request by the game client side?

If the zone is set to default "config/wordsFile.txt", does it then and only then load the words list server side?

Cheers
Cheers, NM
NM

Postby NM » 21 Mar 2012, 00:16

Oh, it seems to be working fine now. My file "config/wordsFile[Zone].txt" is being read (in the same directory as the default wordsFile,txt).

I'm not sure why it wasn't working earlier, there must be some caching involved somewhere.

Anyway, I'd still be interested in how the wordsFile is loaded. Is it loaded from the SF Server rather than a call from the client swf?

Cheers
Cheers, NM
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 21 Mar 2012, 09:06

Yes it is loaded by the Server at startup, not by a client call.
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

...addicted to flash games

Return to “SFS2X Questions”