[UNSOLVED]Help

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

skaterobou

[UNSOLVED]Help

Postby skaterobou » 17 Jan 2012, 17:27

Hi I recently used the DBlogin extension (Im basing my game off the smartfoxserver2x avatarchat example) and its working just fine except I cannot see my avatar once I login anyone else have this problem or know how2fix?
Last edited by skaterobou on 17 Jan 2012, 23:02, edited 1 time in total.
appels

Postby appels » 17 Jan 2012, 18:15

You might wan't to specify what client platform your on and give some more info. It could be server or client side problem.
skaterobou

Postby skaterobou » 17 Jan 2012, 19:51

Hi sorry about that im using MySQL database and im on Mac OS X Snow Leopard im using the AvatarChat example my smartfoxserver Simplechat zone is using a custom login. the extension im using is the one provided in the Docs muppetsExt

//im not sure if this will help solve my problem but this is the error that comes up from the output:

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
at AvatarChat/onAvAreaClick()

//Im not sure but im thinking the error has to do with the custom login maybe the DBlogin extension disables or doesnt create the avatar?
appels

Postby appels » 17 Jan 2012, 20:00

The fact that you don't see the avatar could be client side ( some code error ) or server side ( server not giving the right info to the client to show the avatar )
I assume your using Flash ?
skaterobou

Postby skaterobou » 17 Jan 2012, 20:04

Yes im using Adobe Flash CS5.5

I think its a code error the server didnt say anything was wrong probably has to do with the muppetsExt itself maybe it doesnt create the avatar on login?

the reason I thought this was because once you log in the server verifys the user for example:
I type in user Kermit and then the password it says it logs in succesfully but no avatar is there

EDIT: OH MY BAD it seems I need to edit the source code to add the avatar on zone join but no Java programmer so can someone modify it for me to work with the AvatarChat example? That would be great

Return to “SFS2X Questions”