Ghost room - Requested room does not exist

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

Alex

Postby Alex » 14 Sep 2011, 06:47

It happens only once and it is one room at a time, never saw more than one ghost room. The amount of rooms is different - sometimes around 6-8, sometimes around 60.
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 16 Sep 2011, 14:49

Sorry I still don't see where in your server code you check for the existence of the Room?
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
Alex

Postby Alex » 16 Sep 2011, 17:30

Hi

Here is the new code but as I said it is only used when user wants to join buddy room, otherwise I have a lobby where I list all the rooms and users joins the rooms by sending standard JoinRoomRequest.

Code: Select all

public void buddyJoinRoom( User user, ISFSObject sfso ) throws SFSJoinRoomException
{
   User buddy = ce.getApi().getUserByName( sfso.getUtfString( "n" ) );
   Room buddyRoom;

if( buddy != null )
   {
      buddyRoom = buddy.getLastJoinedRoom();

if( buddyRoom != null )
      {
         buddyRoom = ce.getParentZone().getRoomById( buddyRoom.getId() );

if( buddyRoom != null &&
            buddyRoom.isGame() )
         {
            ce.getApi().joinRoom( user, buddyRoom, buddyRoom.getPassword(), false, user.getLastJoinedRoom(), true, true );
         }
      }
   }
}

I have yet another problem with rooms and users, probably related to this one.
Sometimes I have ghost users too. The user stays in the room and the user is never removed from the room. When I try to select the user in the admin panel I've got the error:

Code: Select all

[21:28:34 | WARNING] The user being monitored is no more available on the server, please select another one

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/233/ghostuser.png/

I've logged with the account of the ghost user, then enter and exit the room, but no luck. The ghost user is still there and will be there until I restart the server. I can give you some access or send you more screens and info if you want.

Return to “SFS2X Questions”