SmartFoxServer 2X Release Candidate 3

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 28 Jun 2011, 11:35

Sappho wrote:Here is the info for you bax and how we solved it:

due to a conflicts with existing installed JAVA following lines were removed from sfs2x.sh script:

if [ -d "$JRE_FOLDER" ]; then
JAVA_CMD="../jre/bin/java"
fi

Thank you for reporting.
You might still have an issue in case you use the JVM Settings tab in the AdminTool's Server Configurator. The tool, in fact, recreates the sfs2x.sh file each time you change those settings. The good news is that you can modify the template it uses. Edit the /config/templates/sfs2x.unix.txt file.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
aaulia

Postby aaulia » 28 Jun 2011, 12:03

Hi guys thanks for the answers and support, I got my server up and running, now in testing. And also I successfully got the license server working.

Just heads up though, I tried restarting the server from AdminTool several time, and each time, whenever I stopped the server (after restarting from the AdminTool), it would still left java process which ended up preventing me to start the AdminTool again, complaining about Bind Error/Exception. So I have to kill the java process before I can start my server again. So currently I would not use the restart from AdminTool ;).
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 28 Jun 2011, 12:16

aaulia wrote:Hi guys thanks for the answers and support, I got my server up and running, now in testing. And also I successfully got the license server working.

Just heads up though, I tried restarting the server from AdminTool several time, and each time, whenever I stopped the server (after restarting from the AdminTool), it would still left java process which ended up preventing me to start the AdminTool again, complaining about Bind Error/Exception. So I have to kill the java process before I can start my server again. So currently I would not use the restart from AdminTool ;).

aaulia, which operating system are you using?
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
aaulia

Postby aaulia » 28 Jun 2011, 12:41

I'm on CentOS 64 bit, I know SFS is not very CentOS friendly (from what I read) but I have no choice.

BTW, just to clarify, I restart the server from the AdminTool, and then stopped it from the command line. Afterwards when I try to start the server again, it always give me BindSocket exception (IIRC), just after the Start AdminTool message.
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 28 Jun 2011, 13:09

rjgtav wrote:
bax wrote:
rjgtav wrote:Hi. Yes it is happening with all my zones... It gives that error in every zone... Do you want me to send you their configuration files to check if it is due to one of the new parameters be missing?

Will do now the tests, will then edit this post according to the results

1# Test: tried to edit all of them, one by one. Results:
- All zones give the nullPointerException, including their rooms

2#Test: tried to add a new zone. Result:
- It gives the same nullPointerException when trying to add a new one

3# Test: removed all of the zones. Tried to add a new one. Result:
- It still gives the same nullPointerException error...

Any ideas? If you need more information just ask :-)

rjgtav, can you please send your zones and extensions folder?
Is the error happening when opening the a zone in the zone configurator?

Just sent the files to support [at] smartfoxserver [dot] com. The error happens with every zone and, even after removing all of them, it happens when adding a new one.

Issue solved: rjgtav had an empty extension folder.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 28 Jun 2011, 13:24

@aaulia
To be honest it's quite the contrary... CentOS has several times shown to be unstable for high end java apps :) With this said it's also worth mentioning the the vast majority of SFS installation running on CentOS work just fine.

As regards restarting/stopping:
you can't do what you have mentioned. If you restart from the AdminTool you will create a new process which is not detected by the command line tool. So you either control the server via command line or AdminTool, but you can't mix the two.

Usually I would recommend to use the Admin.
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 28 Jun 2011, 14:20

About the halt and restart functions of the Admin Tool, please make sure you read this notes.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
Alex

Zones disappears after save

Postby Alex » 28 Jun 2011, 16:44

Hi

When I made some changes to my zones via the admin tool, then save the changes, then restart the server - all zones are missing and there are no errors in the logs.
foxter888

Postby foxter888 » 28 Jun 2011, 18:58

i'm using windows 7 64bit Ver.
when applying the new rc3 patch and yes i did followed the directions, the jar file neigther the .bat seem to install it correctly it shows lots of warning and it says cannor write files.

the log files follows:

[INFO]: *******************************
[INFO]: SmartPatcher
[INFO]: ver 1.0.3
[INFO]: (c) gotoAndPlay -- 2011
[INFO]: *******************************
[INFO]: Working... 12 task(s) left...
[INFO]: Working... 11 task(s) left...
[DEBUG]: {Task action: copyDir, src: _patch/Server/admin, dst: www/root/admin/}
[WARN]: Failed task {Task action: copyDir, src: _patch/Server/admin, dst: www/root/admin/}, java.io.FileNotFoundException: ..\SFS2X\www\root\admin\AdminTool.html (Access is denied)
[INFO]: Working... 10 task(s) left...
[DEBUG]: {Task action: copyDir, src: _patch/Server/BlueBox, dst: www/BlueBox/}
[WARN]: Failed task {Task action: copyDir, src: _patch/Server/BlueBox, dst: www/BlueBox/}, java.io.IOException: Destination '..\SFS2X\www\BlueBox' directory cannot be created
[INFO]: Working... 9 task(s) left...
[DEBUG]: {Task action: copyDir, src: _patch/Server/descriptors, dst: config/descriptors/}
[WARN]: Failed task {Task action: copyDir, src: _patch/Server/descriptors, dst: config/descriptors/}, java.io.FileNotFoundException: ..\SFS2X\config\descriptors\config_room.txt (Access is denied)
[INFO]: Working... 8 task(s) left...
[DEBUG]: {Task action: copyFile, src: _patch/Server/index.html, dst: www/root/index.html}
[WARN]: Failed task {Task action: copyFile, src: _patch/Server/index.html, dst: www/root/index.html}, java.io.FileNotFoundException: ..\SFS2X\www\root\index.html (Access is denied)
[INFO]: Working... 7 task(s) left...
[DEBUG]: {Task action: copyFile, src: _patch/Server/sfs2x-service.vmoptions, dst: /sfs2x-service.vmoptions}
[WARN]: Failed task {Task action: copyFile, src: _patch/Server/sfs2x-service.vmoptions, dst: /sfs2x-service.vmoptions}, java.io.FileNotFoundException: ..\SFS2X\sfs2x-service.vmoptions (Access is denied)
[INFO]: Working... 6 task(s) left...
[DEBUG]: {Task action: copyFile, src: _patch/Server/sfs2x.sh, dst: /sfs2x.sh}
[WARN]: Failed task {Task action: copyFile, src: _patch/Server/sfs2x.sh, dst: /sfs2x.sh}, java.io.FileNotFoundException: ..\SFS2X\sfs2x.sh (Access is denied)
[INFO]: Working... 5 task(s) left...
[DEBUG]: {Task action: copyFile, src: _patch/Server/sfs2x.bat, dst: /sfs2x.bat}
[WARN]: Failed task {Task action: copyFile, src: _patch/Server/sfs2x.bat, dst: /sfs2x.bat}, java.io.FileNotFoundException: ..\SFS2X\sfs2x.bat (Access is denied)
[INFO]: Working... 4 task(s) left...
[DEBUG]: {Task action: copyDir, src: _patch/Server/templates/, dst: config/templates/}
[WARN]: Failed task {Task action: copyDir, src: _patch/Server/templates/, dst: config/templates/}, java.io.IOException: Destination '..\SFS2X\config\templates' directory cannot be created
[INFO]: Working... 3 task(s) left...
[DEBUG]: {Task action: copyAll, src: _patch/Server/lib/, dst: lib/}
[DEBUG]: _patch\Server\lib\httpclient-4.0.3.jar --> ..\SFS2X\lib\httpclient-4.0.3.jar
[WARN]: Failed task {Task action: copyAll, src: _patch/Server/lib/, dst: lib/}, java.io.FileNotFoundException: ..\SFS2X\lib\httpclient-4.0.3.jar (Access is denied)
[INFO]: Working... 2 task(s) left...
[DEBUG]: {Task action: copyDir, src: _patch/Server/lib/Lib/, dst: lib/Lib/}
[WARN]: Failed task {Task action: copyDir, src: _patch/Server/lib/Lib/, dst: lib/Lib/}, java.io.FileNotFoundException: ..\SFS2X\lib\Lib\reindex$py.class (Access is denied)
[INFO]: Working... 1 task(s) left...
[DEBUG]: {Task action: copyDir, src: _patch/Server/lib/Jetty/, dst: lib/Jetty/}
[WARN]: Failed task {Task action: copyDir, src: _patch/Server/lib/Jetty/, dst: lib/Jetty/}, java.io.FileNotFoundException: ..\SFS2X\lib\Jetty\ant-1.6.5.jar (Access is denied)
[WARN]: Patch installation FAILED: 11 error(s). Please check the error report.
get to work you slacker!!!
rjgtav

Postby rjgtav » 28 Jun 2011, 19:02

@foxter888 Well, if it says that the "Access is denied", so i assume you have installed your SFS under the Program files folder, right?
Skills: SFS Pro, SFS2X, AS2.0/AS3.0, Java, HTML5/CSS3/JS, C#
Portfolio: https://rjgtav.wordpress.com/
SFS Tutorials: http://sfs-tutor.blogspot.com/ - Discontinued. Some examples may be bugged.
foxter888

Postby foxter888 » 29 Jun 2011, 00:02

yes i did installed under programs and files, so my guess would be reinstall it and not under programs and files?
nanodeath

Postby nanodeath » 29 Jun 2011, 00:12

Perhaps I'm being daft, but in the release notes it's mentioned that the Java client now has JavaDoc; however, I can't find them. I see the single jar within ClientAPI/Java/ and the ClientAPI/Java/dependancies (sic) folder, but no javadoc...
foxter888

Postby foxter888 » 29 Jun 2011, 01:09

ok i reinstalled smartfox2x and now it's out of the programs and files folder so the update did fine and successfully now when using my admin tool i'm not able to load the zone configurator nor the server configurator, it just doesn't load.

it does let me monitor the zone and rooms, ban manager and runstime statistics.
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 29 Jun 2011, 06:20

Clear your browser cache, please. Very often the browser keeps the old SWF file in cache instead of loading the new one.
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

...addicted to flash games
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 29 Jun 2011, 08:10

nanodeath wrote:Perhaps I'm being daft, but in the release notes it's mentioned that the Java client now has JavaDoc; however, I can't find them. I see the single jar within ClientAPI/Java/ and the ClientAPI/Java/dependancies (sic) folder, but no javadoc...

Check the API documentation section of the online doc: you will find a link to the Java client API doc.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team

Return to “SFS2X Questions”