SmartFoxServer 2X Release Candidate 3

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

DeaglinG

No license module

Postby DeaglinG » 29 Jun 2011, 10:43

Hello,

I just updated my SFS2X version to RC3, but i dont have the license module in the side panel.

I also seem to not having the "Halt" and "Start" buttons as seen in your pictures...

However the version listed is RC3...

any help?
foxter888

Postby foxter888 » 29 Jun 2011, 10:50

in my case clearing the browser history seemed to work into changing the admin to to the new one.

now all i'm missing would be better explained tutorials to follow along with unity, i wish they had video tutorials for it.

i got a prototype working for unity, hopefully i can relase a tutorials for those that uses unity.
get to work you slacker!!!
KlingOne

Postby KlingOne » 29 Jun 2011, 10:50

Am I the only one that had to copy the contents of the patch inside the sfs2x folder to work instead of at the same rootlevel?
Jerry

Postby Jerry » 29 Jun 2011, 15:51

Hi all,

Thanks for the update! Its all gone in fine except for the Server Configurator menu in the admin panel. It won't load up at all. when running ./sfs2x.sh and click on it within the admin panel the below error pops up:

Code: Select all

12:47:56,807 ERROR [com.smartfoxserver.v2.controllers.ExtensionController-1] con     trollers.ExtensionController     -
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
Description: Error while handling client request in extension: { Ext: Admin, Typ     e: JAVA, Lev: ZONE, { Zone: --=={{{ AdminZone }}}==-- }, {} }
Extension Cmd: serverConfig.getConfig
+--- --- ---+
Stack Trace:
+--- --- ---+
com.smartfoxserver.v2.admin.binding.analyzer.ListAnalyzer.iterateAndCreateField(     ListAnalyzer.java:86)
com.smartfoxserver.v2.admin.binding.analyzer.ListAnalyzer.analyze(ListAnalyzer.j     ava:43)
com.smartfoxserver.v2.admin.binding.ExpressionBindingEngine.parse(ExpressionBind     ingEngine.java:40)
com.smartfoxserver.v2.admin.handlers.ServerConfigModuleReqHandler.handleClientRe     quest(ServerConfigModuleReqHandler.java:113)
com.smartfoxserver.v2.extensions.SFSExtension.handleClientRequest(SFSExtension.j     ava:192)
com.smartfoxserver.v2.controllers.ExtensionController.processRequest(ExtensionCo     ntroller.java:137)
com.smartfoxserver.bitswarm.controllers.AbstractController.run(AbstractControlle     r.java:96)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Its a similar problem to what rjgtav had but we can see different menus strangely.

To test it I installed in on a clean Ubuntu 11 VPS with no zones but I still had no luck. If you want access to it bax/lapo PM me and I'll send you log in details. Saves you trying to replicate it and there's no personal info on this server anyway.

I hope to find a fix soon!
jurekf

Postby jurekf » 30 Jun 2011, 00:07

Just a note: the version display at the top of the Admin page is sent by the server, and will still show RC3 even though your admin consoles are still cached from RC2a or lower.

If the menus on the left are missing the license manager that's an old cached RC2a version even if the version string says RC3. Just clear the cache and reload the page.
liverol

Postby liverol » 30 Jun 2011, 00:37

after update to rc3,in the admin tool zone extension panel i can't see my previous loaded extension name,all the setting is "empty",also in the console
can't see the extenstion loaded info,but the extension still works..that's strange!!

on windows XP, update from rc2-rc3
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 30 Jun 2011, 07:09

liverol wrote:after update to rc3,in the admin tool zone extension panel i can't see my previous loaded extension name,all the setting is "empty",also in the console
can't see the extenstion loaded info,but the extension still works..that's strange!!

on windows XP, update from rc2-rc3

The dropdowns in the new extension tab are based on a naming convention: in order for your extensions to be "visible", you have to change the jar file name so that it ends with Extension.jar, like this for example: MyGameExtension.jar.

The reason behind this is to avoid the AdminTool show all the classes contained in library jar files you might use in your extension's folder.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 01 Jul 2011, 07:23

Jerry wrote:Hi all,

Thanks for the update! Its all gone in fine except for the Server Configurator menu in the admin panel. It won't load up at all. when running ./sfs2x.sh and click on it within the admin panel the below error pops up:

Jerry's server.xml file was missing the <allowedRemoteAddresses/> entry, which caused the error he reported.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
Robbilie

Postby Robbilie » 01 Jul 2011, 10:16

hey guys

Ive found a strange admin tool bug:

When i want to select the room or zone extension, there are just 3 extensions and the empty field shown. Theyre randomly picked from folder, not sorted by name, not by date, not by lenght, but always the same 3... Python test, fpsexte, and one of our own gamemanagerexte

I came around this prpblem to edit the zone file directly, works perfect but in admin tool, there is just the empty field shown (all other fields are blank too...)

Just wanted to report and how to get around it...

Greetz
Robert
ernivan

bug sfs.roomList.length ?

Postby ernivan » 01 Jul 2011, 11:13

hi

I update swc to RC3 . I have 3 room on the server but when I call SmartFox.roomList.length the value is 6 .

In Flex 4 Debug , the roomList properties is :

roomList
-com.smartfoxserver.v2.entities.SFSRoom (@da07f61)
-com.smartfoxserver.v2.entities.SFSRoom (@da07f11)
-com.smartfoxserver.v2.entities.SFSRoom (@da07ec1)
-lenght = 6

why ?

thanks
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 01 Jul 2011, 11:33

Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 01 Jul 2011, 11:38

@ernivan
Can you please check the value returned by the SmartFox.roomManager.getRoomCount() method?
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
ernivan

Postby ernivan » 01 Jul 2011, 11:48

bax wrote:@ernivan
Can you please check the value returned by the SmartFox.roomManager.getRoomCount() method?

getRoomCount = 3

but this not resolve my problem because I have:

var roomList:Array = sfs.roomManager.getRoomList();
var dataProvider:ArrayCollection = new ArrayCollection(roomList);

dataProvider has 6 elements :(
yysct2005

upgradation

Postby yysct2005 » 02 Jul 2011, 09:25

hi,can i upgrade sfs2x from rc1 to rc3?directly...

thank you.
请加入QQ群: 33431550
一起讨论学习,webgame å¼€å
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 02 Jul 2011, 15:59

RC1b (the current downloadable installer) to RC3 ==> Yes.
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games

Return to “SFS2X Questions”