Server dropping UDP packets

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

tpenn
Posts: 95
Joined: 03 Aug 2010, 18:48

Server dropping UDP packets

Postby tpenn » 20 Jun 2011, 15:13

We are experiencing an issue where the server will frequently begin dropping all UDP packets from most/all users. The users shutting down and restarting will allow it to work again, but the problem will occur again after a few minutes.

The server log is filled with output like this:
15:10:22,464 WARN [SocketReader] protocol.SFSIoHandler - Discard UDP packet from 97.75.172.122:34321, reason: Sender UDP Port doesn't match current session port: 34321 != 28290

15:10:22,538 WARN [SocketReader] protocol.SFSIoHandler - Discard UDP packet from 97.75.172.122:25421, reason: Sender UDP Port doesn't match current session port: 25421 != 27554

15:10:22,666 WARN [SocketReader] protocol.SFSIoHandler - Discard UDP packet from 97.75.172.122:34321, reason: Sender UDP Port doesn't match current session port: 34321 != 28290

15:10:22,747 WARN [SocketReader] protocol.SFSIoHandler - Discard UDP packet from 97.75.172.122:25421, reason: Sender UDP Port doesn't match current session port: 25421 != 27554

15:10:22,864 WARN [SocketReader] protocol.SFSIoHandler - Discard UDP packet from 97.75.172.122:34321, reason: Sender UDP Port doesn't match current session port: 34321 != 28290

15:10:22,938 WARN [SocketReader] protocol.SFSIoHandler - Discard UDP packet from 97.75.172.122:25421, reason: Sender UDP Port doesn't match current session port: 25421 != 27554

15:10:23,065 WARN [SocketReader] protocol.SFSIoHandler - Discard UDP packet from 97.75.172.122:34321, reason: Sender UDP Port doesn't match current session port: 34321 != 28290

15:10:23,146 WARN [SocketReader] protocol.SFSIoHandler - Discard UDP packet from 97.75.172.122:25421, reason: Sender UDP Port doesn't match current session port: 25421 != 27554

15:10:23,264 WARN [SocketReader] protocol.SFSIoHandler - Discard UDP packet from 97.75.172.122:34321, reason: Sender UDP Port doesn't match current session port: 34321 != 28290

15:10:23,374 WARN [SocketReader] protocol.SFSIoHandler - Discard UDP packet from 97.75.172.122:25421, reason: Sender UDP Port doesn't match current session port: 25421 != 27554

15:10:23,464 WARN [SocketReader] protocol.SFSIoHandler - Discard UDP packet from 97.75.172.122:34321, reason: Sender UDP Port doesn't match current session port: 34321 != 28290

15:10:23,548 WARN [SocketReader] protocol.SFSIoHandler - Discard UDP packet from 97.75.172.122:25421, reason: Sender UDP Port doesn't match current session port: 25421 != 27554

15:10:23,655 WARN [SocketReader] protocol.SFSIoHandler - Discard UDP packet from 97.75.172.122:34321, reason: Sender UDP Port doesn't match current session port: 34321 != 28290

15:10:23,738 WARN [SocketReader] protocol.SFSIoHandler - Discard UDP packet from 97.75.172.122:25421, reason: Sender UDP Port doesn't match current session port: 25421 != 27554


Any ideas what is going on here? We are running RC2a, with the Unity client.
User avatar
Bax
Site Admin
Posts: 4522
Joined: 29 Mar 2005, 09:50
Location: Italy
Contact:

Postby Bax » 21 Jun 2011, 13:13

This will be fixed in the next release, coming very soon. Stay tuned.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
tpenn
Posts: 95
Joined: 03 Aug 2010, 18:48

Postby tpenn » 21 Jun 2011, 13:25

Thank you. We eagerly await the fix.

Do you have a general idea beyond "very soon" when we can expect the next release?
User avatar
Bax
Site Admin
Posts: 4522
Joined: 29 Mar 2005, 09:50
Location: Italy
Contact:

Postby Bax » 22 Jun 2011, 05:51

If there's no last minute issue, it should be during this week.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
shanti
Posts: 45
Joined: 19 Jul 2011, 10:19

Postby shanti » 05 Jan 2012, 11:49

Bax wrote:If there's no last minute issue, it should be during this week.



Hi Bax,

we are using UDP for positional updates and getting the same UDP discard packet error.

05 Jan 2012 03:09:57,255 WARN [SocketReader] v2.protocol.SFSIoHandler - Discard UDP packet from 61.12.12.147:56159, reason: Sender UDP Port doesn't match current session port: 56159 != 52832
05 Jan 2012 03:09:57,493 WARN [SocketReader] v2.protocol.SFSIoHandler - Discard UDP packet from 61.12.12.147:56159, reason: Sender UDP Port doesn't match current session port: 56159 != 52832
05 Jan 2012 03:09:57,732 WARN [SocketReader] v2.protocol.SFSIoHandler - Discard UDP packet from 61.12.12.147:56159, reason: Sender UDP Port doesn't match current session port: 56159 != 52832

This error occurs randomly.
Once the client rejoins or re launch the game, then everything works fine. Any idea how we can fix this.
User avatar
Bax
Site Admin
Posts: 4522
Joined: 29 Mar 2005, 09:50
Location: Italy
Contact:

Postby Bax » 05 Jan 2012, 12:18

shanti, which version of SFS are you using?
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
shanti
Posts: 45
Joined: 19 Jul 2011, 10:19

Postby shanti » 06 Jan 2012, 06:15

Bax wrote:shanti, which version of SFS are you using?


we are using SFS2X version - 2.0.0-RC3.
User avatar
Lapo
Site Admin
Posts: 21726
Joined: 21 Mar 2005, 09:50
Location: Italy

Postby Lapo » 06 Jan 2012, 10:48

Can you provide more details about it? Is there a way to reproduce it locally in a test environment?
Thanks
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
shanti
Posts: 45
Joined: 19 Jul 2011, 10:19

Postby shanti » 06 Jan 2012, 13:06

Lapo wrote:Can you provide more details about it? Is there a way to reproduce it locally in a test environment?
Thanks


this error is not consistent, we do get this some times say 4 times out of 10 atempts.

after restart it would work fine.
User avatar
Lapo
Site Admin
Posts: 21726
Joined: 21 Mar 2005, 09:50
Location: Italy

Postby Lapo » 06 Jan 2012, 13:41

Can you explain the process to get to the problem in a step by step fashion?
When you say "restart" you mean the client or server?
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

...addicted to flash games
rparker
Posts: 19
Joined: 18 Oct 2010, 09:10

Postby rparker » 11 Jan 2012, 21:58

Hello, shanti is a colleague of mine and while I can't provide more detail as far as specific steps to reproduce it, I can add that this does not appear to be related to server load. It can happen with as little as 2 or 3 clients connected. In my experience quitting the game client and then logging in again fixes the problem... until it intermittently comes up again. We are running a unity3d client and a RHEL 5 server with RC3.
shanti
Posts: 45
Joined: 19 Jul 2011, 10:19

Postby shanti » 16 Jan 2012, 13:06

rparker wrote:Hello, shanti is a colleague of mine and while I can't provide more detail as far as specific steps to reproduce it, I can add that this does not appear to be related to server load. It can happen with as little as 2 or 3 clients connected. In my experience quitting the game client and then logging in again fixes the problem... until it intermittently comes up again. We are running a unity3d client and a RHEL 5 server with RC3.



Hello,
Any update on this.

When we start playing game in between randomly players positional update will be discarded by server. So other player cannot see him moving. after restarting the game (client) it works fine for sometime then again same issue occurs.

This is observed most of the time when there is delay in sending/receiving packets between server and client
User avatar
Lapo
Site Admin
Posts: 21726
Joined: 21 Mar 2005, 09:50
Location: Italy

Postby Lapo » 16 Jan 2012, 13:38

The client is not expected to change its UDP port, if it does there's something weird going on. Is there a way we can reproduce this?
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

...addicted to flash games
shanti
Posts: 45
Joined: 19 Jul 2011, 10:19

Postby shanti » 17 Jan 2012, 05:55

Lapo wrote:The client is not expected to change its UDP port, if it does there's something weird going on. Is there a way we can reproduce this?


We are not changing UDP port from client end.
Not sure if there is delay in server response, SFS is disconnecting from UDP and initializing it again.

We are not able to reproduce this using test application.
In our game client we actually do logout and login while jumping from one room to another room.

When there is a delay in loading the scene this error is observed. Is there a way we can keep alive UDP port
User avatar
Lapo
Site Admin
Posts: 21726
Joined: 21 Mar 2005, 09:50
Location: Italy

Postby Lapo » 17 Jan 2012, 08:21

Why do you need to login and logout to change room, can you explain?
Normally it's just a matter of joining Rooms. Login and Logout allow you to switch Zones. Maybe the problem is there.
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

...addicted to flash games

Return to “SFS2X Questions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], DavinVicy, DerikFent, JerodSa, Kevengar, StuartSpoox and 19 guests