Extension Request refused. Sender is not a User

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

regulxenao

Extension Request refused. Sender is not a User

Postby regulxenao » 18 Jun 2011, 15:07

Hi! I had searched at forum, but didn't find answer.

We have about 300 gamers, who connected to same chat Room and same Zone. But, from time to time the quantity of online users is falling:

In that time we saw WARNING (But at the first crush I have seen the same error only once!):

Code: Select all

com.smartfoxserver.v2.exceptions.SFSExtensionException: Extension Request refused. Sender is not a User: { Id: 52324, Type: DEFAULT, Logged: No, IP: .................:63778 }
   com.smartfoxserver.v2.controllers.ExtensionController.processRequest(ExtensionController.java:65)
   com.smartfoxserver.bitswarm.controllers.AbstractController.run(AbstractController.java:96)
   java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
   java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
   java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I have a three suppositions:
1. The error at client can't be for all users at the same time.
2. It can be the error at game-php-server than use by game, and that error can provoke the game reloading to all players.
3. Can it be the error of Extension? If yes - what reason could cause this? If no - what problem it can be?
Last edited by regulxenao on 19 Jun 2011, 05:13, edited 1 time in total.
regulxenao

Postby regulxenao » 18 Jun 2011, 17:12

I have additional information:

It's not suppositions 2: the clients dont recive responces from php-server, just chat lost connection with server:

1. Client have a big amount of "SmartFoxService socket: errors" (Unexpected header byte).
2. When client try to reconnect, client can't reconnect.
I call disconnect() command, than whait handleConnectionLost() and than call connect(). But client not able to connect to Server even after 5-10 times. Maby I do something wrong? I usual way (when I make reboot of server, for example) the client make reconnection right by this script, but when we have this issue - work only reloading of page.
3. Are big value of "Dropped outgoing packets" in SFS Admin Tool: about 100.000 per 5 hours, but it's only 1%.
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 20 Jun 2011, 13:41

We should know which server version you use and your config.
Did you tweak the core.xml file under config?
If so how?
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
hasbean

Postby hasbean » 20 Jun 2011, 19:25

I've posted about the same problem a month ago. I still have the problem :(

viewtopic.php?t=11162

I only found that the amount of dropped packets increased during the mass user loss. It's really hard to debug as it happens very randomly.

Server config is pretty standard and is the latest version.
regulxenao

Postby regulxenao » 21 Jun 2011, 08:31

Sorry, Lapo. I had to write our server configuration.
That is it:

Server version: 2.0.0-RC2a
Server config (I remove DB connection password and admin password):

http://regul-flash.com/dfg/core.xml
http://regul-flash.com/dfg/server.xml
http://regul-flash.com/dfg/SimpleChat.zone.xml
xenao

Postby xenao » 27 Jun 2011, 04:01

Guys, really, we do need your help here.
We just cannot afford people go disconnected from the chat all the time. It ruins players' experience and does not give us a courage to go and buy unlimited licesnse.

If you need any extra information from us, just let us know.
Ideally, if we could sit and go through this issue together on Skype, that would be great.

My Skype: alexey.mutovkin
Regul: yakovenko.dima
Santer: santer.titov

I am looking forward to hearing from you soon. Cheers.
Xenao Games team.
regulxenao

Postby regulxenao » 29 Jun 2011, 05:38

I had update SFS to RC3, but the situation has not changed.

Last time I saw a lot of "Extension Request refused. Sender is not a User" messages. As if one message for each disconnected user.
hasbean

Postby hasbean » 29 Jun 2011, 06:33

Problem isn't fixed here either.

I'm pretty surprised at the level of support here as if we're begging for help despite the fact I got an unlimited license for this broken software.
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 29 Jun 2011, 18:08

Apologies but this is very difficult to understand with this little information.
At a first glance this looks more like a DDOS than anything else.
A User that is not logged is sending an Extension Request, why? Why he's not logged in?
Did he logout? When? Do you see it in the logs?
Is there an actual possibility in your app to log out? If not this doesn't make sense.

More: these Users are NOT disconnected. If they were they could not communicate with the server. They are only open sockets with no User attached to it (No valid login in any zones)

More: typically the max idle time allowed for Sessions (open sockets) should be very low, like 20-30 seconds. That's more than enough for anyone to login and finally be "promoted" as Users, fully entitled to speak with the server and invoke extension code.

If you are allowing Sessions to live for very long time without being shut down I'd recommend to fix it. For the rest we need details to understand why these Users are in this non-logged state.

1. Client have a big amount of "SmartFoxService socket: errors" (Unexpected header byte).

Might be a network error on their side...

2. When client try to reconnect, client can't reconnect.

Enforces the idea of network error mentioned above

3. Are big value of "Dropped outgoing packets" in SFS Admin Tool: about 100.000 per 5 hours, but it's only 1%.

Then it's nothing to worry about. Up to 10% dropped packet we consider it normal. It might depend on the app type too. 1% is definitely good.

So, the big amount of socket errors maybe is also 1%?
If so... we're not dealing with a real issue but with the normal reality of the netwok, where a small fraction of people is not able to fully enjoy your app due to their problems (slow PC, slow network, firewalls, unstable wifi...)

cheers
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

regulxenao

Postby regulxenao » 07 Jul 2011, 06:27

I have new additional information.

I don't known how to reproduce this issue, but I can whait to it. Last time i catch this issue and saw this picture:

19:36 = 16:36 at server time.

There are log of server of this time. It very strange, but I can't imagine what provoke this.

http://regul-flash.com/dfg/smartfox_16_36.txt

You can saw that at 16:36:33 about 100 users were disconnected, than were the sessions created and then were removed. Can you explain, what does provoke this strange behavior.
I had changed the configuration of server, tried to do different things, but situation didn't change. I don't known what to do.
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 07 Jul 2011, 11:45

It is likely that it's due to too many dropped messages. Maybe at that moment you had an increased burst of traffic or a network slowdown resulting in lots of dropped packets.
I presume your dropped packets count is significant right?
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

regulxenao

Postby regulxenao » 07 Jul 2011, 12:05

I am not sure, how much the dropped pockets were at the problem time, but out total dropped pockets are very small: for 22 hours were dropped about 2000 pockets - it's less, than 1%.

I can agree, that it may be some network issue. Can we do something in this case? Or may be problem in another place?
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 07 Jul 2011, 12:35

1% is very good. So dropped messages do not seem to be a problem here.
You might check your hosting bandwidth monitor to see if there are spikes or slow downs in the hours where the problem occurred.
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

regulxenao

Postby regulxenao » 07 Jul 2011, 12:48

I will check this version, but I have several reasons to refute this version and still look for the cause in another:

1. for connect to Administation tool i use SSH conenction and this connection was never lost at the time of issue.
2. With Administration tool the same thing - i have never lost coonection, even in issue time.
3. Always, not all users are disconnected. Always about 80-140.
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 07 Jul 2011, 14:19

Assumptions at point 2 and 3 are not correct.

2) The AdminTool does not receive the same traffic that the other clients do so its not the same thing.

3) Of course... only a full blackout of the network would cause everyone to disconnect. Normally these kind of problems happen for a minority of the users, when bandwidth congestion occurs
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

Return to “SFS2X Questions”