lingering connections

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

creat326

lingering connections

Postby creat326 » 13 Apr 2011, 09:07

Hi

I've made a program to test whether the server is running. Basically all it does is connect, ok? disconnect. If for whatever reason it fails, it will restart the smartfox service.

Well, today I was getting "room full error"... I logged into the machine and I found that there were 70 users with the name "perpe" connected into the lobby. "Perpe" is the username of my program.

My program was actually off at the moment. So it was not even connected. I went ahead of clicked on the user on the smartfox zone console and I got the red line at the botton saying something like "this user is not connected". I could pick any of the 70 users and they all get me the same "user is not connected" message.

So the user is not connected, the client is turned off, the first connection on the list was more than 8 hours ago and the server knows that the user is not connected because it tells me so on the console (in red!). Still, there are 70 "Perpe" on the room and it's full. :?

I can send a screenshot but this forum doesn't allow me to attach.[/img]
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 13 Apr 2011, 09:20

I've made a program to test whether the server is running. Basically all it does is connect, ok? disconnect.

No. It connects? ...disconnect? What do you mean?

If you say you have many users with the same name then you must be also logging in? Right?

Can you guide me step by step in reproducing this?
Also please:

1- specify server version and API type (AS3, C#) and version
2- check your logs because it looks like something is very wrong
3- explain if you use a custom login and what happens there.
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
creat326

Postby creat326 » 13 Apr 2011, 09:43

I forgot the commas.

My program will test whether it can connect successfully to the server:
1) Try to Connect.

b) Everything ok?
Then disconnect from the server.

c) No, it cannot connect.
Then disconnect from the server and restart the smartfox service.

It's a very simple program in c# using the smartfox .net library. Latest smartfox rc release.

As for logs, I checked the server side and there is nothing odd. It actually displays the "manual disconnection" message. I use a custom login, and nothing happens there in this case. All it does is check whether that username exists in db, but in this particular case since it's my own program I just let it go through without even checking the db. I get no errors in there whatsoever.

In fact, the server seems to know it's disconnected because it displays the "manual disconnection" on the log and also when I click on the user on the zone monitor. What's odd is that eventhough it knows it and tells me so, it's still listed in the room.

Any way to attach a screenshot? it would be so much easier to show.

Return to “SFS2X Questions”