Buddylist with different login name

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

ernivan

Buddylist with different login name

Postby ernivan » 09 Feb 2011, 18:41

hi
I have an application chat with buddyList developed with great sfs2x. there are 3 rooms into one zone , roomA - roomB - roomC .
For no conflict User name is manage by an external sistem login and it works all perfect :)

now, my client ask me an important implementation , he want the possibility that the user can :

1) open the browser and enter into roomA
2) open another browser and enter into roomB WITHOUT LOGOUT from roomA
3) :(

for login in different rooms I resolve in this way:
1) login roomA , add room name to the original name bob = bob_roomA , create a variable nikname = bob and display the nikname to all users in the chat.
2) roomB , the same operation bob= bob_roomB

the main problem is BuddyList, in this way I lost buddylist because the user enter with different names.

how can't lost buddyList storage ?

:idea: the idea was to force the init_buddy with nikname = bob and save all buddy with their nikname (mario , pino , ruby).
is this possible ? what is the right way ?
if is it possible , what class i have to implemets ?

thanks
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 10 Feb 2011, 16:14

1) open the browser and enter into roomA
2) open another browser and enter into roomB WITHOUT LOGOUT from roomA
3)

This doesn't make much sense.
Each browser page requires that you run a new version of the application. So for each page you must enter with a different account.

SFS doesn't allow you to connect twice with the same exact account in the same Zone.
If you want to do so, instead of Rooms you must use Zones. But a Zone is not a Room! Beware.
The Zone represents a different application and it is isolated from the other Zones, while Rooms exist under the same Zone and can be used to group Users.
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
ernivan

Postby ernivan » 10 Feb 2011, 16:59

ok I use zoneA for roomA , zoneB for roomB etc etc so user mario can join into roomA and roomB.

but for buddylist ?
how can share the same buddylist into two zone ?

maybe-----
if I create custom Buddy storage system can I have one buddylist system for all two zones ?

thanks

Return to “SFS2X Questions”