Creating and testing new maps - step by step?

Post here your questions about the OpenSpace 2.x or notify bugs and suggestions.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

mario189

Creating and testing new maps - step by step?

Postby mario189 » 12 Jul 2010, 11:29

Hi all,

for noobs it is really hard to understand how to begin and create custom worlds and test them on local computer.

Isn't there any step by step tutorial on how to set up openspace, create a sample world and make it available online to test with friends ??

Please advice!

Thanks!!!
TiagoR

Postby TiagoR » 12 Jul 2010, 16:12

Hi.

For openspace installation and configuration you got all you need here http://www.openspace-engine.com/support .

Sample world, you got the example on the package you downloaded.
TR
mario189

Postby mario189 » 12 Jul 2010, 20:35

But I don't know how to run this map?!

Also, how can I modify the example maps, avatars etc. using the Editor?! When I export the files I get .map etc. but I don't know where to put them?
TiagoR

Postby TiagoR » 13 Jul 2010, 09:57

IF you read the links I posted you would know how to do that and more..

Running the examples

In order to run the examples provided in the downloaded package, under the [unzip location]/Examples/ folder, follow these instructions:

install the OpenSpace Extension as described in the previous section of this document;
make sure the data folder located at [SFS installation location]/Server/openSpace/data/ contains the example maps (this is the default condition when the OpenSpace Extension is installed);
open the SmartFoxServer configuration file, and add the content of the zone_configuration.txt file located at [unzip location]/Examples/zone_configuration.txt to the <Zones> section — this configures the SmartFoxServer Zone and Rooms used by the examples;
stop SmartFoxServer if running, and restart it; make sure no errors are thrown when the example Zone is initialized;
install the examples:
Flash: simply unzip the Flash.zip file to a location of your choice;
Flex: in Flex Builder 3 (or later) open the File menu and choose Import > Flex Project...; locate the Flex.zip file and follow the instructions provided by Flex Builder.

http://www.openspace-engine.com/support ... stallation
TR

Return to “OpenSpace v2 discussions and help”