"Map X can't be updated due to version mismatch"

Post here your questions about the OpenSpace 2.x or notify bugs and suggestions.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

cyli

"Map X can't be updated due to version mismatch"

Postby cyli » 20 Apr 2010, 19:07

I've been occasionally seeing this warning appear in the server logs, but I don't understand what it means. What is the version that is mismatched? The OpenSpace server vs. Client versions? Some kind of map version number?

When I see this warning, the the client map does not update after editing. However, I often can edit the map on the client without getting this error.

I have not been able to reproduce it reliably, and am hoping for some more information about it so that I can try to fix whatever I may have done wrong to trigger it.

Thanks!
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 21 Apr 2010, 09:18

Maps have a "version" number assigned when they are loaded by the extension. Suppose both client A and B request the map, and the respective users start editing it at the same time. Suppose user B finishes before user A, and saves his changes. The extension updates the map on the server-side and updates the version number too. If now A saves his changes too, the extension checks which version those changes refer to, in this case the old one, and doesn't allow the map to be saved, outputting that warning.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team

Return to “OpenSpace v2 discussions and help”