PlayModeOverSensor doesn't work

Post here your questions about the OpenSpace 2.x or notify bugs and suggestions.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

ffourcad

PlayModeOverSensor doesn't work

Postby ffourcad » 08 Apr 2010, 14:32

Hello,

I would like to put the tile below my pointer into relief, so I thought I could use the PlayModeOverSensor parameter of the openSpace_client.xml file, but it doesn't seem to work when another avatar is above the tile.
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 12 Apr 2010, 17:02

We tested it, and it works... unless the other avatar already on that tile "covers" the tile. If you are using bitmap avatars, make sure you don't have transparent pixels around the avatar, because those catch the mouse events too.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
ffourcad

Postby ffourcad » 13 Apr 2010, 07:34

No, my avatar is plain vector graphic, and when the avatar moves through the tile I am pointing, it makes the tile go from the RollOver state (when the avatar is not under the pointer), then RollOut (when the avatar is under the pointer), to RollOver state again (when the avatar is gone). So the tile is flickering, and it's a bit weird. I would like the tile to remain in the rollOver state, even if the avatar passes under the mouse pointer.
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 13 Apr 2010, 16:40

This is not possible as the avatar intercepts the mouse cursor, causing the rollout event to be fired by the underlying movieclips.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team

Return to “OpenSpace v2 discussions and help”