linux client can't login to flex example

Post here your questions about the OpenSpace 2.x or notify bugs and suggestions.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

pengerknitter

linux client can't login to flex example

Postby pengerknitter » 05 Apr 2010, 17:30

I had some trouble with openspace v1 on linux client - probably due to old as3 api.
I thought that things would be better with openspace v2, yet I'm not having any luck.

The GUI shows correctly, but after logging in, nothing happens.

The linux client is using the latest flash player (10.x).

Seems like the same problem as in OS1:
11:03:53.203 - [ WARNING ] > Message exceed allowed max length! (0 bytes) from >
/192.168.10.103
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 06 Apr 2010, 07:00

This seems to be a problem related with a bug in the Linux Flash Player. If you search the SmartFoxServer forum you should find some explanations.
Download and install the SFS patch 1.6.8, and use the updated API provided with the patch. This should fix the issue.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
pengerknitter

Postby pengerknitter » 07 Apr 2010, 03:14

bax wrote:This seems to be a problem related with a bug in the Linux Flash Player. If you search the SmartFoxServer forum you should find some explanations.
Download and install the SFS patch 1.6.8, and use the updated API provided with the patch. This should fix the issue.

I already have 1.6.8 installed, but it turns out that I somehow imported the flex project incorrectly. I started from fresh and extracted the project from the zip file again and used the import project feature in fb3. Now even the collapsecanvas started working!

thanks for the tips

Return to “OpenSpace v2 discussions and help”