I stuck with creating new map.

Post here your questions about the OpenSpace 2.x or notify bugs and suggestions.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

gl0om

I stuck with creating new map.

Postby gl0om » 04 Apr 2010, 10:06

I made a new map with editor from your new beta 5 package. So i have .osp and .map files.

I replaced SlopesExample.osp with my new file (i replaced it to keep config.xml untouched in zones section). Then i found information that i need to place .map file inside /server/data/ folder, but there is no such folder inside SmartFoxServerPRO_1.6.6...

Also I found m0_Solpes.xml in the same folder as SlopesExample.osp. I suppose that this file used to declare all objects used on map and I have no idea how to build such file for my new map.

Everything i made has no effect on slopes demo.

Well, now I'm totally confused about this workflow... Is there any manual about creating maps for OS2? I tried to find it, but found nothing detailed.
gl0om

Postby gl0om » 04 Apr 2010, 21:18

o.k. I left my idea with own map for current moment, I just dream about how to pal up sfs1.6.6 with os2 v5.

What I've got currently:
1) I took "openSpace" folder (with OpenSpaceExtension.jar) from your beta and put it inside "Server\javaExtensions\com\smartfoxserver"
2) I copied zone config section from zone_config.txt to "Server\config.xml"
3) Then I went to super secret folder, wich I found on my second day of battle with sfs - "\Server\webserver\webapps\root\Examples\OpenSpace_trial\Examples\". And made "osExample1" folder with "osExampleFlash.swf" e.t.c...

Now during server startup it tells me awful thing: "Problem loading extension called: com.smartfoxserver.openspace.OpenSpaceExtension, Error: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException com.smartfoxserver.openspace.OpenSpaceExtension"

And on clientside login server tells me: "[ WARNING ] > it.gotoandplay.smartfoxserver.exceptions.MissingExtensionException: Unrecognized extension name: [ __$OpenSpace$__ ]! Zone: osExample1, Room: -1"

I notice that RedBox extension folder contains class... but I have no any class file for openspace...

Please, tell me where I'm wrong, what I've missed.
Bax
Site Admin

Re: I stuck with creating new map.

Postby Bax » 05 Apr 2010, 09:03

gl0om wrote:I replaced SlopesExample.osp with my new file (i replaced it to keep config.xml untouched in zones section). Then i found information that i need to place .map file inside /server/data/ folder, but there is no such folder inside SmartFoxServerPRO_1.6.6...

Map files should be placed in the server-side folder where the OpenSpace Extension resides (if you followed the server part installation instructions at the bottom of the post containing the beta 5 download link). The folder for maps is Server/openSpace/data. Of course maps must be generated with the Editor version which comes with beta 5. You have to export both the maps (.map files) and the tiles library (.lib file).

Also I found m0_Solpes.xml in the same folder as SlopesExample.osp. I suppose that this file used to declare all objects used on map and I have no idea how to build such file for my new map.

As the beta 5 package doesn't contain the Slopes example, I suppose you are working with the OS1 version. You can import its .osp file in the v2 Editor, but other files generated previously (like that .xml file) are not compatible, so you will need to re-export all the maps and lib files from inside the Editor.

Well, now I'm totally confused about this workflow... Is there any manual about creating maps for OS2? I tried to find it, but found nothing detailed.

Documentation creation is in progress.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 05 Apr 2010, 09:09

gl0om wrote:Now during server startup it tells me awful thing: "Problem loading extension called: com.smartfoxserver.openspace.OpenSpaceExtension, Error: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException com.smartfoxserver.openspace.OpenSpaceExtension"

You haven't followed the server-side setup instructions provided on this page (bottom of first post)
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
gl0om

Postby gl0om » 05 Apr 2010, 09:14

Thank you and sorry for my inattention!

Return to “OpenSpace v2 discussions and help”