JavaScript / AJAX API

Post here all your questions related with beta SmartFoxServer API, such as Shockwave, Ajax ...

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

namxam

JavaScript / AJAX API

Postby namxam » 06 Aug 2009, 14:42

Unfortunately the GWT AJAX page is rather incomplete (or I really don't get it).
I just joined a team working with SMS Pro and we are about to redesign the entire application. One of the major parts of the redesign is to reduce the FLASH elements to the actual gaming part and keep the rest of the page in HTML.
Is there a way to connect to SMS via JavaScript (from the client browser) and get some real time data (preferably via JSON)? Noone of us ever worked with GWT and before installing BlueBox and GWT we just wanted to know if this will help to solver our problem. If not, is there any way to do so, or do we have to think about writing our own API module?

Thanks!
patso

Postby patso » 10 Aug 2009, 11:55

How you want to connect to SMS Pro? Through SmartFoxServer server side extension? The SmartFoxServer GWT API is indented to be used with SmartFoxServer.
lifechamp

Flash only?

Postby lifechamp » 23 Jun 2010, 08:34

There is a lot of mention of AS2/3 and Flash/Flex, but with these other API's it seems you can connect with iPhone/Android/JS, the last not being proprietary suggests to me that you can there for connect with anything.

So what is it about SFS that is Flash-specific? Use of remote shared-objects or something?

Return to “Other Client API”