C++ API

Post here all your questions related with beta SmartFoxServer API, such as Shockwave, Ajax ...

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

Vincent22

C++ API

Postby Vincent22 » 15 Apr 2009, 12:13

Hi all,

we are planning to make a multiplayer application. While researching I found smartfox server and it seems to be a vary stable and excellent supported client/server system. Unfortunately only for AS3.0, Java and C# clients.
Our client side software is written in C++ and connot be converted into C#, too much code. Is there a possibility to use smartfox server with a C++ client side software. One thought is to call the C# API functions from C++. Any experiences?
If there is no possibility, do you know any alternitive client/server system like smartfox with a C++ client API?

Thanks a lot.

regards
Vince
tony_lsg

I have this question too

Postby tony_lsg » 19 Sep 2010, 21:09

I have a c++ application too. since it has some many client api, why it does not have the c++ client api, surprise...
tony_lsg

Postby tony_lsg » 19 Sep 2010, 21:14

since it has java client api , it should not have any big problem to make a c++ api. you see, it just parse some xml , can anybody have the source code of java client api? if I have one , I can do the conversion from java to c++, not a big problem to parse any xml message in c++ .
jdx

Postby jdx » 04 Oct 2010, 19:02

I was very surprised C++ was not one of the first additional clients since it's so popular in game-dev. My only thought was that C++ people, as a huge generalization, have a bit of distrust about Java.

Return to “Other Client API”