CoronaSDK Lua client.

Post here all your questions related with beta SmartFoxServer API, such as Shockwave, Ajax ...

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

yuvallahav

CoronaSDK Lua client.

Postby yuvallahav » 20 Dec 2013, 10:34

Hello there!
Last post about this issue is just about 3 years old, so I thought I might resurrect this topic.

Is there a lua client side API in the works that will enable us to connect to our smartfoxserver pro from our CoronaSDK mobile projects?

Translating the AS2/3 client side code would be a nightmare, and implementing the android/ios native code API's is a little bit more then I know how to handle, and seeing as CoronaSDK is becoming a major player, what are the chances of seeing a client side API for this platform??

Yuval Lahav.
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: CoronaSDK Lua client.

Postby Lapo » 20 Dec 2013, 18:03

There are no plans to support LUA in the near future, I am sorry. In particular for SFS2X where the protocol is binary and LUA has no primitives to manipulate bytes.

The Corona SDK however supports native code integration, so you could look into our Objective-C or C++ API.

Thanks
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
yuvallahav

Postby yuvallahav » 20 Dec 2013, 18:57

Yeah, that is what I thought... the problem is I'm not good enough to implement native code, especialy C, which I know nothing of, with the Corona source code...
It maybe too much to ask, but could you refer me to some example or documents which will give me a head start? maybe someone who's reading this topic and has done that could give me a leg up?

Thanks, and I'll try reading on C and C++ code integration in the Corona docs and maybe take it on me to try.

I'll need to ask you guys for the smatfox client code or is it published somewhere?
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 20 Dec 2013, 19:32

A head start for what? On using native C++ / Objective C code?
The problem is that a minimum knowledge of either one of those languages is required before diving into the examples. If you look in our Example packs from the download page you will find several Objective C and C++ examples with tutorials.

Here you will find the relevant sections to setup the API:
http://docs2x.smartfoxserver.com/Gettin ... -api-setup

I'll need to ask you guys for the smatfox client code or is it published somewhere?

All API are available in the usual place:
http://www.smartfoxserver.com/download/sfs2x#p=client

Cheers
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

RichardMous

Re CoronaSDK Lua client

Postby RichardMous » 18 May 2016, 18:17

Hi,
Coud You tell me how can I send params from client site to server side. For example I would like to send an Id of a stock to my adapter.

Thx for help.
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 19 May 2016, 07:39

Hi,
this is a 3 year old post. Please start a new thread and provide more context on what client platform you're using.

Thanks
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

Return to “Other Client API”