how do i make a password

Post here all your questions related with SmartFoxServer .Net/Unity3D API

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

dr-mad

how do i make a password

Postby dr-mad » 29 Aug 2010, 10:00

the title say it al but

can i make a password in unity
or do i have to create a website with a account settings i dont know where to begin

i use the sfs island script but that only use a username not a password

there are lots of tutorials on flash but not on unity so this is something that needs to be done

but how do i make the password in unity

do i just copy the username of the sfs island file and give it different variables

please can i get i little bit a start

thx for reading greets
ThomasLund

Postby ThomasLund » 29 Aug 2010, 12:02

You need 3 things - registration page in either Unity or as a webpage - and then a server extension to accept the registration as well as a login extension.

The server extension for registration could also be a basic php script that saves your username/pwd in a database.

Login extensions you can find in the cookbooks in the SFS documentation

/Thomas
dr-mad

Postby dr-mad » 06 Sep 2010, 16:27

hi thx for the reply sorry that im late to reply

but i try some thing but i cant get it to work the sfs documentation dos not mention anything in c# for unity and im never use java :s every thing in there is java

i know the basics of understanding java but thats all

i now look into extentions but i try to use the loginExample.as but that dont work in unity i normaly can log in without the loginExample.as on the zone and i have set the password in unity and then i can login with the json example but not if i use the loginExample.as enable but for some reason i cant login with my client

is there a way to use that script loginExample because i only want my own names to play the game not others without the username and pass that i just create with my login extention

is this posible and what sort of extention do i use or make the kind of it that c# in unity accepts this game with a password that is in the extention

thanks for the help and again sorry for late reply i first try to read some of the docs and try before asking again
ThomasLund

Postby ThomasLund » 06 Sep 2010, 18:18

Not 100% sure I understand what you are trying to do.

All extensions are to be run on the SmartFoxServer - and can be either as3 or java

Client code in Unity uses C# (or other mono languages).

It seems you are trying to take extension code that is used in the server to put into the Unity client. That will never work.

/T
dr-mad

Postby dr-mad » 06 Sep 2010, 18:31

nope thats not what i mean maybe i say it wrong sorry my fault

but i use the extention on the server i made a new zone with a room

on that zone i have loginExample.as that what i see in the extention is a pass an nick name that is manuly set like the nick tom and pass tom or nick smart pas = fox

i have that extention and the json on my zone

in the client (unity)
but when i put lets say nickname tom and password tom then i cant connenct to te server and if i dont have the loginExample.as in the zone then i can connect to my server and then it works fine

how do i fix it and what sort of extention code do i make to get my client to connect to the server with the pass and nick that is in the extention
and that other nicknames or passwords dont get allowed to connect to the game :wink:

maybe this is better explaint

sorry for my bad english

but thanks for the fast reply :wink:

Return to “.Net / Unity3D API”