Unable to see new skins from fla in OpenSpace

Post here your questions about the OpenSpace 1.x or notify bugs and suggestions.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

whornak

Postby whornak » 23 Oct 2009, 02:56

I had an swf with a couple of sprites that have imported and were usable in OpenSpace. Subsequently adding another for a total of 3 that appeared in OpenSpace when reopened. Once I added the fourth to the swf, the same way, it wasn't available in OpenSpace. I checked all settings that I am familiar with and there are no differences.

Any idea why the fourth would not be visible in the skins listing?

Thanks in advance.
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 23 Oct 2009, 09:52

Can you please send us the FLA file containing the skins?
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
whornak

Postby whornak » 27 Oct 2009, 00:00

I have emailed the fla file and tried a few things after doing so. I made several more adjustments which included adding an additional skin but was unable to see any new items again. I then created a new project and configured to look at these same fla's and everything that I expected in the first project is now visible in the second.

Should I be able to update/add skins and such to a fla and have the OpenSpace project continuously update as things get added? If so why would the first project stop recognizing new items knowing by the success of the second project that the file was ok?
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 27 Oct 2009, 10:22

I tried creating a new project, and as you already experienced all the skins are visible in the Editor. Not sure why adding skins to an old file causes that behavior. We only had this issue reported once before, and the problem was somehow related to grouped objects inside movieclips. This is not your case unfortunately.
Have you tried, in the Editor, entering the name of the skin in the combo, instead of selecting it from the dropdown list?
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
whornak

Postby whornak » 28 Oct 2009, 22:21

On the Skin Editor, when creating a new skin, something that I haven't tried before, I was able to select from the drop down those that I was missing. Once selecting the image it did appear on the skin and was able to save it.

Thanks for your assistance.
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 29 Oct 2009, 15:08

The "auto-generate skins" feature works on project creation only. After, all new skins must be created manually by selecting them form that dropdown. In the next OpenSpace release this will be improved.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team

Return to “OpenSpace v1 discussions and help”